FEL, can you live without one?

/ FEL, can you live without one? #11  
Like the others, I wouldn't be without one. Just this morning...

Used the FEL to regrade some berms along our soon-to-be driveway. Used my rake to finish them. Used the FEL to remove the clumps, sticks and rocks the rake picked up. Picked a few rocks in our "yard" and used the FEL to cart them to the rock pile. Used FEL to turn over compost pile now that all the leaves are on it. Used FEL to lift my tool box into the back of my truck.

Now that I'm thoroughly stuffed with turkey etc. I'm thinking I need someone to use the FEL to hoist me onto the couch /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ FEL, can you live without one? #12  
Gary said it best, my back really cares that I have a fel. Wouldn't be without it!!

Paul

/ FEL, can you live without one? #13  
Terry--

IMHO, you're right not to seriously consider a loader on a tractor without power steering. My first compact was a Yanmar with a loader, but without power. Anytime the bucket was loaded, I had to drop/tilt it to lift the front wheels off the ground to steer. Even so, I ended up chewing apart the steering box. Two useful FEL substitutes folks haven't mentioned in this thread are three-point dirt scoops and carryalls, both of which are pretty cheap.

Rick

/ FEL, can you live without one? #14  
Shoot, I dont even take mine off hardly.Folks been moving dirt a spell before F.E.L.came along Im thinkin.Should be all kinds of great used attachments for the 3-pt.Im sure were in the company of guys who have had at least one brain storm or 2 that made it to limited production!{1}Kinda kickin around a gin pole myself to help with house trusses.

/ FEL, can you live without one?
Well guys, I'm just gonna have to tuff it out ,without one. Momma sezs, "there ain't no money for no more tractor toys".
Isn't that always the way it goes. She's got a notion that groceries and auto insurance are more important.

/ FEL, can you live without one? #16  
I have the problem that I CAN”T get a FEL, tractors to small. But I can’t afford a new one now, but I do need to move dirt. Hear is what I found for mine.

CI JBJr rf dn1.jpg

Case JBJr front up.jpg

I think this will do the trick for me. I may get one. It won’t lift high enough to load in a trailer, or truck, but I don’t plan on needing to do that often.

P.S thats not my tractor in the pic, its from there web site. Mine is the same kind though.

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

a-usa.gif

/ FEL, can you live without one? #17  
Raptor,
You asked <font color=blue>How 'bout it, what do you use your loader for, and would you be w/o it?</font color=blue> Uses are only limited by one's imagination, as you've seen on this thread and others. As for living without it, yea, I could live without a fel but I'd also be living without the tractor. I didn't so much purchase an fel as an attachment for the tractor as I purchased the tractor as an attachment for the fel. It was the priority when I decided to buy a tractor. However, if the criteria you laid out for yourself when you purchased a tractor didn't include an fel, I wouldn't worry about it now. The tractor you bought filled your immediate needs. If at some point a fel becomes a necessary item for you, I'd probably consider trading in the existing tractor for one with an fel rather than adding one to a tractor that wasn't set up for it from the start. In the mean time, console yourself with the notion that you could be mowing that 10-12 acres with one of these:
scythe.jpg

Hoss

jdrsc.gif

/ FEL, can you live without one? #18  
With regards the picts that Paul (s1120) posted, the file names contain embedded space characters, which is poison to certain brain-damaged browsers (like Netscrap 4.7). /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

I think the subject matter is interesting enough that I've attached the same picts for anybody else having trouble seeing them.

[Psssst..... Muhammad! When I tried to post links to these things using the % 20 syntax (w/out the space, of course), the % stuff got stripped out even if I wrapped it in [pre] tags. Is this inevitable, or under TBN control? Please resist voicing your thoughts about Netscrap. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif]

HarvSig.gif

Attachments

• 8-84850-FrontScoop.jpg
    8-84850-FrontScoop.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 93
   / FEL, can you live without one? #19  
<font color=blue>Please resist voicing your thoughts about Netscrap.</font color=blue>

-ahem-

We strip it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig2.gif

/ FEL, can you live without one? #20  
Sorry guys. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gifIt worked on my end, so I thought it was A-OK. I will never figure out this computer stuff.

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

a-usa.gif