Feeling

/ Feeling #21  
Just curious how you guys refuel your tractors. Do to several shoulder injuries I can no longer hold up a 5 gal can to fill mine.
Diesel I assume. I bought a small 12 v transfer pump. Not a good idea for a gas engine though,

/ Feeling #22  
Forty years and I've NEVER had water in the tractor fuel tank. I don't know about my four Jerry cans. The last little bit is never dumped into the tractor. I have a separate five gallon plastic jug where the "last bit" goes. When it's half full I run the contents thru a water separation funnel. After that separation - I will use it also.

A pump of some kind would be great. However, most that I see will draw diesel off the bottom of the tank. Down where any water might be. What I need is a pump with a floating intake or an intake that can be adjusted. So the intake can be an inch or so off the bottom of the Jerry can.

Like most of us folks here on TBN - there are enough problems/concerns without adding "water in the diesel" to the list.
I just use the Mr Funnel to fuel the tractor, then pour the remains from the funnel into a can that I use for brush pile burning. Presumably the funnel remnants contain fuel with water and other contaminants.

/ Feeling #23  
I have 2 36 gallon transfer tanks with pumps (1 for gas, the other for diesel) on a small trailer. They don't take up room in the truck bed and all I need to do is hook up the trailer and pull it to the gas station when I need to refill them. I got the transfer tanks on Market place for about $100 each and the trailer for $150. This works great for me. I got really tired of handling fuel cans for tractor, 4 wheelers, mowers, and other assorted engines.

/ Feeling #24  
I have 2 36 gallon transfer tanks with pumps (1 for gas, the other for diesel) on a small trailer. They don't take up room in the truck bed and all I need to do is hook up the trailer and pull it to the gas station when I need to refill them. I got the transfer tanks on Market place for about $100 each and the trailer for $150. This works great for me. I got really tired of handling fuel cans for tractor, 4 wheelers, mowers, and other assorted engines.
Great idea.

/ Feeling #25  
I fill this barrel a couple of times a year. I has a air driven "pump" (it just pressurizes the barrel). 12 GPM Air Operated Barrel Pump
1647874758528.png

/ Feeling #26  
Just curious how you guys refuel your tractors. Do to several shoulder injuries I can no longer hold up a 5 gal can to fill mine.
I use an IBC tote (275 gal) with a 12v pump that uses a small gell pack (like you find in an emergency light) that is charged by a small solar cell. All in, the entire system including IBC, pump, fittings, filter, solar panel, etc ~$350 - pump w/hoses & nozzle was $275 on sale. The IBC fits nicely in the back of my pickup. Best part, IBC's around here run $25-40 a piece. Filled it up before all the craziness in fuel prices, added biocide treatment and this "should" last me through the summer/fall.

Really easy to get on & off truck w/forks.

/ Feeling #27  
For my 90 HP JD, I have always had a 500 gal above ground diesel tank. I use a hand pump, but you could also get a 12v pump. When the tank is full, I add 2 bottles [16 fl oz each] of "HOT 4 in 1" to deal with any water issues. I get that from my heating oil/diesel distributor, but it's made by FPPF Chemical Co in Buffalo, NY, part #00161. If you have a quality diesel without a lot of contaminants already, you could get by with only 1 bottle or just use periodically. For my JD lawn tractor using gas, I still use 5 gal Jerry's with no problem and I'm almost 70. :)

/ Feeling #28  
Use a 55 gallon drum with hand pump in the drum. It also has an inline fuel filter. I built a small enclosure for the drum and I have a lift strap on the drum and use the loader to put it in the truck when need to get fuel.

/ Feeling #29  
Harbor Freight (in-store only) for $12 currently. I have used this for a couple of years to fill zero turn, and Ranger from 5 gal cans.

/ Feeling #30  
We put our diesel in 55 gallon drums and use a Harbor Freight hand crank pump to fill the tractor. We had to add a hose long enough to get from spout to tractor, but that wasn't a big deal.