Backhoe Extendable Backhoes

/ Extendable Backhoes #1  

pochie

I came across a construction site where a Case tractor had a hoe that could exrend 13' or so. I cannot find information on these hoes for a Kubota BX23 or other Kubotas. I thought maybe some companies make them to fit. I also might buy a larger tractor if they are available. Any information is appreciated. Pochie:)

/ Extendable Backhoes #2  
The only extend-a-hoe style of TLB I have ever seen is on large commercial size rigs. Even those aren't heavy enough to extend the hoe and use, it has to be moved out and in to lift while just using the bucket to curl fill with dirt, then it is retracted prior to swinging.

/ Extendable Backhoes #5  
All the CUT TLB's are fit with as much hoe as they can handle. Trying to put on a telescoping dipper stick would be counter productive. If you need to dig deeper than your BX goes, you will need to get a bigger hoe, maybe a tracked mini-excavator would work. Used they can be found at reasonable prices but look out for worn out tracts or undercarriage as that can run you up to $10K to replace everything.

/ Extendable Backhoes #6  
you can rent mini ex (mini excavators) fairly cheap.

for basement digging, large size industrial units, most likely needed. or less ya digging into a hile side.

for one time usage, just call up a local excavation company to dig it, and be done with it. thats there day job, and have larger machinery and other trucks to move the dirt around the area, or haul the excess dirt away.

as others have already said, most tractors already get biggest backhoe that can fit on them. the further you reach them out, the more likely the front end will come off the ground. most TLB (tractor loader backhoes) have a FEL (front end loader) to extend weight further out in front to counter act the weight from the backhoe and how far it can reach out.

think a kids playground (tetter totter)

you can only add so much weight, and how far it sticks out in front of the tractor before, things start bending / busting / cracking. (from tires themselves to axles to simply the frame of tractor twisting)

/ Extendable Backhoes #7  
I have a Hardy 8DL. It has a two foot extend a hoe on it. They are made in Canada. The 8DL is the smallest extending hoe they have. It is heavy. Rated for 35-75 hp tractors. Weighs about 1200 lbs. I love the extra reach, things always seem to be about a foot out of reach when you are working the back hoe. I just extend and continue to work. I believe Hardy was bought by Pronovost.