Exhaust Mod on my 3725

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #71  
I'm in New Zealand and have 2021 6225H that is equipped with a regular muffler, no DPF. View attachment 715172View attachment 715173
Is there any way you can send me a parts list for my tractor. I think the European version of the 5520ch is called 5825ch. I would greatly appreciate. I have spent hours trying to find a European version service manual to no avail. You would be my hero. Haha. This forum is awesome btw. Huge help!

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #72  
Is there any way you can send me a parts list for my tractor. I think the European version of the 5520ch is called 5825ch. I would greatly appreciate. I have spent hours trying to find a European version service manual to no avail. You would be my hero. Haha. This forum is awesome btw. Huge help!

At the moment, there isn't a 5520 equivalent in Europe, or any of the newer models with the 4 range transmission for that matter. Not sure when those will get here. Currently we have the 5025 and the 6225. The 5025 uses the A2300 engine naturally aspired, while the 6225 uses the same A2300 but the turbocharged one.

In 2022, the new Stage V emissions will be applied in Europe and all new tractor have to compliant to Stage V, which most already are as most manufacturers have been making the change in 2021. This actually resulted on a lot of discontinued models, specially on Branson with only 3 models above 25 HP. I'm sure they will release more models once they get the older models up to the new Stage V spec.

This new Stage V requirement, is basically the same as the US now. Emissions stuff required on offroad equipment above 25HP, while before it was only required above 50HP. The later part of this paragraph is important be this means that the 5025 had a simple muffler, but being naturally aspired, it won't fit on your tractor. The other models 5825 (disconntinued) and the 6225, both have turbo, however, being that those are above 50HP, they have the DPF and not a muffler.

Maybe things are different in Australia on the emissions requirements, and there is a model there with A2300 turbo'd engine and a muffler instead of the DPF and a dealer is willing to ship the muffler to you. Otherwise, as Slowpoke Slim explained, it's very easy to retrofit one.

Another thing to consider, is that on the 2021 US models, the data logger has some of the engine wiring hardness integrated into it. So if you unplug the datalogger, I believe you lose the temperature indicator at the dash, accordingly to someone who tried it on this thread. We're waiting on the service manual to be available so we can investigate this further.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #73  
At the moment, there isn't a 5520 equivalent in Europe, or any of the newer models with the 4 range transmission for that matter. Not sure when those will get here. Currently we have the 5025 and the 6225. The 5025 uses the A2300 engine naturally aspired, while the 6225 uses the same A2300 but the turbocharged one.

In 2022, the new Stage V emissions will be applied in Europe and all new tractor have to compliant to Stage V, which most already are as most manufacturers have been making the change in 2021. This actually resulted on a lot of discontinued models, specially on Branson with only 3 models above 25 HP. I'm sure they will release more models once they get the older models up to the new Stage V spec.

This new Stage V requirement, is basically the same as the US now. Emissions stuff required on offroad equipment above 25HP, while before it was only required above 50HP. The later part of this paragraph is important be this means that the 5025 had a simple muffler, but being naturally aspired, it won't fit on your tractor. The other models 5825 (disconntinued) and the 6225, both have turbo, however, being that those are above 50HP, they have the DPF and not a muffler.

Maybe things are different in Australia on the emissions requirements, and there is a model there with A2300 turbo'd engine and a muffler instead of the DPF and a dealer is willing to ship the muffler to you. Otherwise, as Slowpoke Slim explained, it's very easy to retrofit one.

Another thing to consider, is that on the 2021 US models, the data logger has some of the engine wiring hardness integrated into it. So if you unplug the datalogger, I believe you lose the temperature indicator at the dash, accordingly to someone who tried it on this thread. We're waiting on the service manual to be available so we can investigate this further.
Awesome. Thanks for your knowledge. Very helpful! I’m curious about the data logger. I followed a similar post and I thought it was resolved, the user forgot to plug something in..? If that’s the same thread you speak of. I’m going to keep digging, see if I can find something In Australia as you said. I’ll keep my findings posted. I’m sure I’m not the only one wanting a factory bolt on mod. Worst case I’ll fabricate but again thanks for quick response!!

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #74  
Awesome. Thanks for your knowledge. Very helpful! I’m curious about the data logger. I followed a similar post and I thought it was resolved, the user forgot to plug something in..? If that’s the same thread you speak of. I’m going to keep digging, see if I can find something In Australia as you said. I’ll keep my findings posted. I’m sure I’m not the only one wanting a factory bolt on mod. Worst case I’ll fabricate but again thanks for quick response!!
You could test the theory by getting your tractor up to temp then shut it down and unplug the data logger. Then fire it up again and observe that everything works as it should. If it does you can proceed if not then you will have to figure out the work around or decide if it is worth the trouble.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #75  
Yes, I think that's the thread. I'm sure it's easily fixed with some simple rewiring, but then again, we would need the service manual.

A factory bolt on would indeed be great. Other people are also just gutting the DPF and not mess with anything else, which I think causes the light at the dash to flash but they just ignore it.

On the 15 series, the models that use the A1700 engine, could simply buy the muffler from the 2515 and be done with it.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725
I also think that in the new version of the data logger wiring, that disconnecting the data logger will disable the tachometer. I wouldn't want to run around without a temperature gauge, but running without a tach would also be a no-go.

I think you could still "gut" the filter and put it all back together. I think the guys that have done that report back that the dpf fault light never comes on.

Ideally though, a more elegant fix would be to bolt on a muffler. We just need the wiring schematic and for someone to go through the mod and figure out what needs to be done. Proof of concept says it will still work (no functional emissions system and the engine still runs), we'd just have to figure out the specific work around for the wiring harness.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #77  
My Branson is a bit older, 2016 4020R, I gutted the DPF at around 60hrs as it was giving me issues even at that point (winter time). The DPF fault light comes on and flashes for a few seconds on start up and then goes away, doesn't come back on except at startup. I do get smoke on start up when engine is cold and maybe a small "puff" when giving it a shot of power when working, not unlike my Dodge Cummins will. Tractor smokes much less however and doesn't continue to "roll coal" like the modded truck will.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #78  
We need a wiring diagram to figure it out. I don’t know if the service manual has been written yet or not for the new models.

In the meantime it will not hurt for the lights to be on.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #79  
I'm not sure exactly what the check engine light monitors or what sets it off rather, I just want to make sure that if something else happens, non dpf related, then it can light up and give me a clue that I need to look at something else that may be wrong.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #80  
I'm not sure exactly what the check engine light monitors or what sets it off rather, I just want to make sure that if something else happens, non dpf related, then it can light up and give me a clue that I need to look at something else that may be wrong.
The gauges will tell you if there is a problem. Once you unplug the data logger the check engine light will no longer work. There is no ECM to monitor other engine functions. That is why the engine still runs good with the light on now. If you had a ECM it would put the engine in derate mode and you would have reduced power.

Once the wiring diagram is available you will be able to find where a jumper wire needs to go so that the gauges work with data logger unplugged.