Everything Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments #1,081  
   / Everything Attachments #1,082  
For those thinking about the EA Xtreme Duty 6 way blade and not purchasing the sides and skids shoes upfront. FYI, there is a 27% up charge to add the sides and shoes after the sale. I know it states this on the web page that the pricing listed is for the initial purchase. But 27% is REALLY high to add after the fact. To purchase with the blade is $197, to add afterward is $250. Maybe this is the "free shipping" charge. I didn't purchase.

-Craig

/ Everything Attachments #1,083  
For those thinking about the EA Xtreme Duty 6 way blade and not purchasing the sides and skids shoes upfront. FYI, there is a 27% up charge to add the sides and shoes after the sale. I know it states this on the web page that the pricing listed is for the initial purchase. But 27% is REALLY high to add after the fact. To purchase with the blade is $197, to add afterward is $250. Maybe this is the "free shipping" charge. I didn't purchase.

-Craig

You spoke with Jeremy this morning and I thought he explained why it is more expensive if you add accessories later, but I'll give it a go.

If the skid shoes and side plates are ordered initially with the blade, they are shipped installed on the blade and the shipping we pay does not increase.

If the skid shoes and side plates are ordered after the fact, we must package them and ship them via UPS or FedEx Ground, which, naturally costs money.

I hope this explains the difference in cost. It isn't simply because we felt like penalizing you for not ordering it initially.
The side plates alone weigh 67 pounds, so this isn't light cargo we're dealing with.
Travis

/ Everything Attachments #1,084  
I did talk to him. No explanation as to why was given. I had to assume and appears I assumed right, this is the charge for shipping. Not saying EA is completely in the wrong, just providing a FYI for others.

/ Everything Attachments #1,085  
It never ceases to amaze me how some people feel entitled and thinks a business should "give " them things

/ Everything Attachments #1,086  
It never ceases to amaze me how some people feel entitled and thinks a business should "give " them things

Not the case at all. Never asked to be given anything. Like I mentioned numerous times (by using FYI), providing information to others on how the add-on pricing for the blades works.

/ Everything Attachments #1,087  
I bought my Power-Trac factory direct. And I ordered a bunch of implements when I did. It all shipped together (tractor + 2 skids) and that kept shipping down. If I purchase single implements, the shipping is much more than had I purchased them all together. Heck, the savings on shipping two or three implements alone could pay for a smaller thing, like pallet forks or a bucket.

So, it is something for buyers to think about... if you even think you may need it in the future, add up the separate shipping costs and see what it'll run you.

/ Everything Attachments #1,088  

-Craig

Cutthroat, thanks for the heads up on pricing, nice to see people like you sharing your personal experiences on this forum so we can all stay informed. Keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

/ Everything Attachments #1,089  

-Craig

Seems like pretty simple English to me, it's even in bold before you ever get to the pricing:

"Skid Shoe and side plate pricing below is only valid if ordered with scrape blade."

/ Everything Attachments #1,090  
Some people just feel the need to blow the obvious way out of proportion....

Status
Not open for further replies.