Ethanol Free Gas

/ Ethanol Free Gas #31  
i have close to 30 engines, I use ethanol in all of them, for prolly 20 years at this point, I don't know why people keep acting like ethanol is some kind of new thing.

drain the tanks at the end of the season and run the motors till they stall and be done with it. never an issue

i have also run 2 year old gas in generators, it has a weird smell but still runs, people really over do it with this stuff
Do you really pull the gas tanks on a fleet of vehicles just to drain?

It sounds like a never ending job especially with many restored show cars from the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s and 60’s.

/ Ethanol Free Gas
It would really surprise me if a longer drive on an Interstate didn't improve the mileage.

Well, unless that's how and where you always drive.
For the last month, I've been working on a Bathroom Remodel about 20 miles from my place that's pretty much a straight shot down Interstate 20. My house is less then a mile from 20. I don't think the improvement of mileage is from doing 80 to 90 mph going to Dallas, then 30 to 70 mph driving around Dallas. I honestly think the Dallas driving would of lowered my mileage because of all speeding up and slowing down there.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #33  
Okay, I'm a bad judge when it comes to mileage resulting from normal driving, and didn't know your circumstances.

Here it's 70+ miles to the nearest stoplight, so I tend to get much better mileage in a given vehicle than most. And trips are generally 100 miles or more, one way.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #35  
With my 2017 F150 with a 5.0 V8 I get around 19 mpg or a little less. If I do a bunch of in town driving that mileage plummets.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #36  
And E0 works the best for me for making my engines start easily and quickly, and running trouble free.
Meanwhile, our Can-Ams (especially) seem to prefer 2-6 year old regular gas. Treated, of course, to prevent stratification.

They're supposed to be run on 91, but then they don't want to start when it gets cold.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #37  
The Midwest corn lobby and their bought politicians keep the ethanol gas thing going.
True, they do.

But it's not a bad thing to extend gas with ethanol 100% of the time. They should just make E0 to be more available as well.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #38  
Most, if not all E0 gas I've seen has been 90-91 octane. I would imagine that any engine made in the last 20 years should be just fine with E10.

Only ethanol-free gas available in northern Nevada is 87 octane - and nearly a dollar a gallon more than E10.

My new Honda lawn mower specifically states in the owner's manual to AVOID gasoline with ethanol. It can cause problems with aluminum, and will cause rubber fuel lines to crack and leak.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #39  
Honda's gone backwards then. My 25 year old Honda generator's burned many hundreds of gallons of E10 without issue. The original fuel lines are in good shape.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #40  
i have at least 4 honda engines with 0 issue