Enough with the pop ups please

/ Enough with the pop ups please #11  
I use either UBlock Origin or Ghostery on Chrome and get almost no ads or pop-ups. I also use HTML5 Autoplay blocker to stop embedded videos from auto-playing. IMHO both are a must-have.
The only pop-ups I ever see are on some e-commerce sites offering me a 10% discount if I let them put me on their email spam list. Have yet to find an ad adblocker that blocked those.

There are a few websites (mostly magazines/newspapers) that won't let you view their content unless you either turn off your adblocker or whitelist them. I deal with those on a case by case basis.
If it's something that I want to read anyway, I use this web tool:

12ft – Hop any paywall

Just copy and paste the weblink to the article you want to read into the tool's window (center of the page) and click "remove paywall".

It almost always works, but it can rearrange the page layout in the process. Usually still fully readable.

/ Enough with the pop ups please #12  
If it's something that I want to read anyway, I use this web tool:

12ft – Hop any paywall

Just copy and paste the weblink to the article you want to read into the tool's window (center of the page) and click "remove paywall".

It almost always works, but it can rearrange the page layout in the process. Usually still fully readable.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it next time I come across one of those pages.