Enough with the pop ups please

/ Enough with the pop ups please #1  

Seabeckredneck

Tractor
John Deere 4320
While I enjoy the forum, I just can stand all the pop ups. After reading a couple posts, and wanting to read more, I get tired of all the distracting pop ups. I check back a few months later only to find it's still a forum of ads with an occasional post about tractors...
Whoever is running this forum, would you please turn it down a bit. I'm sure you're making good money, and maybe that is all you care about. If so, I'll and I'm sure others will leave you to it.

/ Enough with the pop ups please #2  
Perhaps you need to check your browser settings to see if pop-ups are being allowed for the site. I don't see any pop-ups. I am logged in to the site using Win 11 and Microsoft Edge, without any additional ad blockers. I do have "Pop-ups Blocked" turned on for all websites, except for a very few that use them for billing.

1698059299712.png

/ Enough with the pop ups please #3  
It’s on your end dude. I don’t see any pop ups. You can leave though, if that makes you happy.

/ Enough with the pop ups please
Perhaps you need to check your browser settings to see if pop-ups are being allowed for the site. I don't see any pop-ups. I am logged in to the site using Win 11 and Microsoft Edge, without any additional ad blockers. I do have "Pop-ups Blocked" turned on for all websites, except for a very few that use them for billing.

View attachment 828223
Thanks for the feedback and information. I just logged on with a different laptop and I don't have the pop ups! So now I know which computer to use. I'm sure you can understand my frustration but that is no more. Thank you

/ Enough with the pop ups please #5  

View attachment 828223
Wow, someone actually uses microsoft edge to browse the internet.

I thought everyone just used microsoft edge one time, on a brand new pc in order to download a proper browser from somebody else.

/ Enough with the pop ups please #6  
Thanks for the feedback and information. I just logged on with a different laptop and I don't have the pop ups! So now I know which computer to use. I'm sure you can understand my frustration but that is no more. Thank you
Don't know which browser you're using, but if you use Firefox, you can download an ad blocker that will stop 100% of this.

I use Firefox and an app called "ABP" or "Add Blocker Plus". There are a few settings on it you can either tighten up or loosen up your blocker to allow "some" adds (default setting) or block all adds (my preference). With the settings clamped down all the way, I see zero adds, ever. Even with Youtube, zero adds. No popups on any site I visit, including this one.

/ Enough with the pop ups please #7  
I use Firefox and an app called "ABP" or "Add Blocker Plus". There are a few settings on it you can either tighten up or loosen up your blocker to allow "some" adds (default setting) or block all adds (my preference). With the settings clamped down all the way, I see zero adds, ever. Even with Youtube, zero adds. No popups on any site I visit, including this one.
I use either UBlock Origin or Ghostery on Chrome and get almost no ads or pop-ups. I also use HTML5 Autoplay blocker to stop embedded videos from auto-playing. IMHO both are a must-have.
The only pop-ups I ever see are on some e-commerce sites offering me a 10% discount if I let them put me on their email spam list. Have yet to find an ad adblocker that blocked those.

There are a few websites (mostly magazines/newspapers) that won't let you view their content unless you either turn off your adblocker or whitelist them. I deal with those on a case by case basis.

/ Enough with the pop ups please #8  
Wow, someone actually uses microsoft edge to browse the internet.

I thought everyone just used microsoft edge one time, on a brand new pc in order to download a proper browser from somebody else.
Remote access for work only worked with MS Edge. I don't have any issues with it, in fact I prefer it over the others. Have it synced so any changes to favorites changes on all my computers. I do use Chrome as well for some applications.

/ Enough with the pop ups please #9  
I've got uBlock and AdBlock, don't see any ads at all, even blocks them on the Weather Channel.

/ Enough with the pop ups please #10  
I have seen a lot worse at least here its on the side or bottom and you don't have to close them to read something. I am on a monocycle forum and it is A LOT worse.