Engine Oil

/ Engine Oil #12  
I like a 5w-40 synthetic year round, I'm using some of this Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil 5W-40

/ Engine Oil #13  
degrees Fahrenheit?? the operating temperature of the 15W-40 is way more then 77degree F ....15W-40 temperture chart is from -31 to 104 degree F
All oils operate at 210-230 F as set by about 190 F thermostat in the coolant. Don't have a clue what those upper temps on the oil charts mean. Think they're for air cooled engines.

/ Engine Oil #15  
All oils operate at 210-230 F as set by about 190 F thermostat in the coolant. Don't have a clue what those upper temps on the oil charts mean. Think they're for air cooled engines.
I do believe that those are the expected ambient air temperatures.

/ Engine Oil #16  
I'm going on 14 years of owing 3 brand new Kubotas and just use Kubota brand 10W30 for my climate as advised in the OE manual. Heck, those Kubotas are going to be around a lot longer than me.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Engine Oil #17  
The manual says if between 14 degrees and 77 that I can use SAE 20 10W-30 & 15W-40.

Living in New England, the temperatures are below and above those ranges. I'm an AMSOIL guy and would like to use their oil but am not sure which to go with. Any suggestions? LX2610.
My Bobcat has the same recommendations for those temperatures. It also says you can run the full synthetic 5w-40 that covers all temps.

/ Engine Oil #18  
I'm using Amsoil synthetic 15w-40 all year around here.

Temps range from +105F in the summer to -45F in the winter.

/ Engine Oil #19  
I do believe that those are the expected ambient air temperatures.
Doesn't make any difference. All oils operate at 210-230 F irregardless of outside temperature. Outside temperature has no effect on the hot oil's performance. Cold does.

/ Engine Oil #20  
That is still the ambient temperature range that the engine is expected to operate in.
For most the low temp rating is the important point, unless your out in the desert in July.