Engine block heater

/ Engine block heater #1  

Timbgf

Tractor
none
Anyone installed an engine block heater? About to get a 494 and am wondering if its something simple to install or if I need to have the dealer do it.

/ Engine block heater #2  
I didn't get a chance to install mine as I just sold my Branson and got a Mahindra. It involves removing a plug on the block and installing the heater. Have to drain the anti freeze first. I have one for a Kukje A sries engine if that is what you have in yours. 75 dollars shipped to you. Brand new.

Last edited:
   / Engine block heater #4  
I did my own (T254) with the Yanmar engine. Would be easy except for having to reach around the fuel lines and filter. Mine was right behind it. Some are screw in mine had the two bolts on either side of plug. Drain the coolant, mine had a nice valve to do that. Firmly tap on one side of the freeze plug until rolls in a bit. You can then grip the other side with pliers and pull it from the block. Used a a little RTV to hold the gasket in place as I installed it. The fun was reaching on either side of the fuel filter to get at the bolts to install and tighten them. Turned a 20 minute job into 2 hours. But it is in and working great. I did some Youtube research that helped me tackle the project.

/ Engine block heater #5  
On my bobcat, I screwed a screw into frost plug, then pried on that to get plug out. We used Permatex, forget the number, to seal unit in block, and some kind of pipe dope for actual threaded in insert.

Mine loosened up-the threaded insert, not the sleeve in the block-and was in a difficult spot to tighten, but a breaker bar with the right socket gets in there and no more leaks.