"Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #11  
   / "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #13  
To me 1500 Watts is 1500 Watts. Is there anything to show if an oil filled heater puts out more heat than a $19 fan heater? I have lots of those, but yes I would winterize the house.
The best thing I did was replace our fuel oil furnace with propane. We have four, two in house plus a central vented Vermont Castings stove and one in garage. Propane is much more efficient, the exhaust pipe is PVC plastic.

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #14  
To me 1500 Watts is 1500 Watts. Is there anything to show if an oil filled heater puts out more heat than a $19 fan heater? I have lots of those, but yes I would winterize the house.
The best thing I did was replace our fuel oil furnace with propane. We have four, two in house plus a central vented Vermont Castings stove and one in garage. Propane is much more efficient, the exhaust pipe is PVC plastic.

Yes, 1,500W is 1,500W, aka 5,200BTU/hr, and it doesn't put out more heat, but an oil filled heater under normal circumstances doesn't have a surface temperature that represents a significant fire risk. If it leaks, different story.

All the best,

Peter

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #15  
I had a couple of the Delonghi heaters and they worked very well. However I don't think I'd want to leave them unattended for extended periods of time.

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #16  
Site is northern Mississippi, main concern, other than $$$, is to prevent pipes from freezing.
Motor on heat pump/furnace (~15+ yrs old, 6 ton unit) went out, our son who knows about this stuff (responsible for data center environment, heating and cooling) guesstimates $300 to $500 to replace minimum (motor etc.) will be looking into replacing whole kit and kaboodle partially because it was a cheap unit installed before we bought the house.
Place is unoccupied for a few months, we are stuck in northern Va for months for wifes eyes (surgery etc.). Main concern right now is to prevent freezing if the temps get down like they did for a period in 2021 with about 2 weeks of cold (for the area) weather.
So my first thought was heat tapes around sensitive areas. Son suggested a several oil filled radiator heaters and wait out the winter while he researches quality replacement units. My BIL could wheel them in. Electricity is only ~10 cents/Kwh. They could come in useful in later years in a couple of upstairs rooms.
So without further ado - any recommendations for such Portable Electric Radiator Heater, Oil Filled in the 1500 watt size? A QUICK search found Kismile Portable Electric Radiator Heater, at $80@
These work great, for small spaces. I use them every winter in a small room off our insulated but unheated attached garage.

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #17  
Even at "~10¢/kWh", "several" units (call that three to be conservative) will still cost more than $7/day, more than $200/mo.

Either winterize or get off the pot and replace the furnace.

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #18  
Yes, 1,500W is 1,500W, aka 5,200BTU/hr, and it doesn't put out more heat, but an oil filled heater under normal circumstances doesn't have a surface temperature that represents a significant fire risk. If it leaks, different story.

All the best,

Peter
Yes... it's the safety aspect and a more even heat...

Had close calls where renters have put clothes to dry over a portable heater and a fire started...

I think oil filled is the way to go if at floor level...

/ "Emergency heat" from oil-filled space heaters - advice please #19  

All the best,

Peter
They also last longer. I have one I've used to heat a small building for 15 years or longer. I have it plugged into a space heater thermostat and it maintains a steady 50 degrees when I'm not around to feed the wood stove.