Electrical Plug Cover?

/ Electrical Plug Cover? #1  

hube2

Veteran Member
Tractor
Masey Ferguson GC1725M
I have been looking for something for a while and I cannot seem to find anything suitable and was hoping someone has seen what I'm looking for. Who knows, maybe it does not exists.

Anyway, I have a block heater on my tractor. The plug hangs out the left side of my hood. I am also going to add a heating pad to my HST and I'll have the plug for this hanging out as well.

What I would like is a watertight cover to put over these when they are not in use to keep snow and moisture off while I'm out moving the snow. They do not need to be covered when they are plugged in because the tractor will be inside.

The only thing that I can really find are covers for when they plugged into the extension cord. These are large, some might even call them huge, bulky covers that are not really meant to go on and off on a regular basis.

It really doesn't even need to be specifically made for this task, but it needs to be something that is quick and easy to do, possibly multiple times each day.

Any ideas?

/ Electrical Plug Cover? #2  
   / Electrical Plug Cover? #3  
hube2,

I've been looking for the same thing for the charging cord on my electric side-by-side. You have moved be to try Google and I found this, which seems to be just thing:
Amazon.com: Kat's 2845 12 Volt Cord Cover End: Automotive

There are several alternate models listed in the "customers also viewed" section down the page.

/ Electrical Plug Cover?
These are not covers, but are what are commonly used for block heaters;
Amazon.com: NOCO GCP1 15 Amp 125V AC Port Plug Power Inlet with 16-Inch Integrated Extension Cord: Automotive

There are numerous styles of these available,
Amazon.com : Recessed Male Plug

This looks interesting Amazon.com: NOCO GCP2 15 Amp 125V AC Port Plug Power Inlet with Dual 18-Inch Integrated Extension Cords: Automotive

but some of the reviews are not real great and I'm not real sure I want to cut a hole in my new tractor. Will have to give it some thought.

/ Electrical Plug Cover? #5  
Thanks for the idea. I have the same issue and frequently end-up drying and cleaning the plug end. I hadn’t even thought of a cover but will get one now

/ Electrical Plug Cover?
hube2,

I've been looking for the same thing for the charging cord on my electric side-by-side. You have moved be to try Google and I found this, which seems to be just thing:
Amazon.com: Kat's 2845 12 Volt Cord Cover End: Automotive

There are several alternate models listed in the "customers also viewed" section down the page.

These were more along the lines of what I was looking for, at least for now. My search foo must be bad. Tried a number of times and never came up with anything.

/ Electrical Plug Cover? #7  
I just ordered this one:

Prong Shield | Protector for 12-Volt Plugs |12 Volt Cord Cover End | Protects: Extension Cord Construction Equimnement | Equipment Protection | 3-prong Cover (5) - - Amazon.com

The problem with this one is you have to order at least five of them.

We'll see how well it works when it gets here. The others I found, including the one I linked to above, fit over the outside of the plug body rather on the three prongs, and some reviewers said they only fit smaller plugs.

I too had a problem searching for them. "Plug cover" turns up covers for outlets, not cord plugs. Looks like the secret is "cord end covers."

/ Electrical Plug Cover?
I just ordered this one:

Prong Shield | Protector for 12-Volt Plugs |12 Volt Cord Cover End | Protects: Extension Cord Construction Equimnement | Equipment Protection | 3-prong Cover (5) - - Amazon.com

The problem with this one is you have to order at least five of them.

We'll see how well it works when it gets here. The others I found, including the one I linked to above, fit over the outside of the plug body rather on the three prongs, and some reviewers said they only fit smaller plugs.

I too had a problem searching for them. "Plug cover" turns up covers for outlets, not cord plugs. Looks like the secret is "cord end covers."

I was thinking about those along with some gaskets Amazon.com: Weatherproof Extension Cord Gasket (1 pack): Home Improvement