Educate me

/ Educate me #81  
Its the gunshots followed by sirens that concerns me.
Sometimes it's responding cops and firemen/ems who get shot at, so it's gunshots, sirens, gunshots...what came first, chicken or egg?

/ Educate me #82  
It's the gunshots followed by sirens that concerns me.
Gunshots every day and night from the east are in town. People shooting at each other.
Gunshots every day and night from the west are from the rural area. Two shooting ranges, a skeet club, and many folks blasting away at their homes all hours of the day and night.
Sirens to the east probably a gunshot victim or fire.
Sirens to the west probably a car wreck or fire.

/ Educate me #83  
Sadly, my only welding 'experience' is running and fetching for welders at my dad's shop when I was a lad. I know you cannot look directly at it without eye protection, and not much else.

I am wondering if it is worth learning a bit about welding (thinking a community college class or 2) so I can someone minor things for myself. In my head, I am thinking I may need to attach hook(s) to my bucket; d-rings or similar to the trailer.

What I would like to know from the community is two-fold. 1) what other things would I likely need to use welding for in my small retirement operation? 2) Do you think it is worth my time to learn at this point?

Thanks,

T
Whatever the cost of the community classes it will be worth it. I am self taught years ago, but have also had the ability to learn from friends and professional welders through the years. Being able to weld is huge for so many more reasons you won't even realize until you know how. A class is perfect for you to get the correct base knowledge needed much faster than the try this try that method. The little tricks I continue to learn just watching professional welders is surprising. Best of all the class will help you understand what type of welder is best for you. So it won't be a mystery when you go looking and you won't just be relying on a salesman. Best of luck you will never regret learning about welding.