DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc...

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #121  
My BIL got 53k miles out of his 6.0 before it died on the highway with a failed piston/connecting rod. He had the motor rebuilt at considerable cost, then sold it. He now runs Dodge/Cummins for his company trucks in Casper, WY

I find that really hard to believe. The occurrences of a bottom end going on those are very very rare, especially at 53k. But hey, neat story.

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #123  
I find that really hard to believe. The occurrences of a bottom end going on those are very very rare, especially at 53k. But hey, neat story.
A friend of mine with a 6L spent $16,000 on out of warranty repairs. That’s pretty neat, too :sneaky:
Injectors a few times, turbo, head bolts, etc. New motor.
Lack of “maintenance”, I’m sure. Lol

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #124  
It helps to under the difference between rare and never.

Exactly, what are you trying to say here? That semantics is a thing?

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #125  
A friend of mine with a 6L spent $16,000 on out of warranty repairs. That’s pretty neat, too :sneaky:

If were doing this game. I have a friend that blew up his inline god backing out of the drive way.

We could do this all day...

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #126  
If were doing this game. I have a friend that blew up his inline god backing out of the drive way.

We could do this all day...
Yeah unfortunately “trust but verify” is difficult. You jumped the shark with that one, though.
Although some clown said I lied about doing 40 in my JCB. Showed him :ROFLMAO:
I was able to steer clear of the 6, but the 6.4 got me good. :(

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #127  
Yeah unfortunately “trust but verify” is difficult. You jumped the shark with that one, though.
Although some clown said I lied about doing 40 in my JCB. Showed him :ROFLMAO:
I was able to steer clear of the 6, but the 6.4 got me good. :(

I lead you into a priori argument and you took the bait.

My work here is done...

Hehe

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #128  
31485620.jpg

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #129  
Exactly, what are you trying to say here? That semantics is a thing?
In simplistic terms your disbelief of a single failure while calling the same type of failure rare tells me you don't understand the difference between something that happens rarely and something that never happens.
Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the rejection of knowledge.

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #130  
Gee, all the Pielstick diesel engines we built at Fairbanks Morse were all V configurations. They used them for power generation, locomotives, and ships. Some were well over 1000 HP per cylinder.

Fairbanks Morse | COLT-PIELSTICK PC2.6B