DPF Regeneration driving me crazy...

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #112  
My M7060 Regens about every 10-12 hours regardless how I use it. It's no big deal, except I know someday it'll be an issue and expense. They could keep the air clean without putting junk on our tractors.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #113  
The problem is not all tractor work requires high RPMs. Heck I use the BH at ~1700 RPM half the time. On the M4 when I'm in H6 it is governed at 24 MPM and 2050 RPM which is below the regen threshold, go figure. Just "keep it at high RPMs" briefs well but doesn't necessary work in the real world.
True.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #114  
I knew the regeneration cycle would be happening as I kept away from the larger diesels as my buddy burnt two engines up on his trucks. But the regeneration lights come on, right as I am in the middle of something, or it starts beeping and I have to stop immediately out in the field and find a empty spot to regenerate so I dont set the whole forest on fire. This is nuts...
My MF 1739e was doing that every few hours, then the ECM light came on and took it in to the dealer. They ended up replacing the entire DPF system. They also alerted me to the filter under the tractor that feeds the DPF that was not in the MF training on the subject.
Since getting it fixed, mine recycles while I am working the tractor, and now, about every 30 hours or so

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #116  
Don't get me started about power plants. The stories I can tell.... Yet another industry the guvment has gotten their hooks into and completely screwed up.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #117  
Hence why I jumped on my LS P7010C in 2014. Interim Tier 4. Mechanical DI, no emissions.

CT

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #118  
B.S. My Kubota M6060 has done 5 Regens in 75 hours. What a pain in the azz!! I run it at 2200rpm consistently.

It depends on the weather you are using the tractor in. When it is cold it regens less often because there is less condensation accumulation.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #119  
Because he knows one day it will fail and be expensive to repair.
I get its Here and not going anywhere and we have to accept it and the benefits of cleaner air are good, too!
It’s just more costly and prices go up to compensate for it
Very true... it will fail.

My Motto though is "Everything Fails".

Entropy - The movement of energy from hot to cold, Its the great equalizer that spans the known universe.

It's even more of an equalizer than inflation, the ever mutating Covid strains, or importing votes over the southern boarder in the middle of the night (as if lights in darkness haven't yet been invented). Its the proverbial elephant in the room or the Emperor that's wearing no clothes - Who's the first to tell anyone we can indeed see in the dark?

Every atom that we rearrange into something that isn't dirt ... makes its way back to dirt. That's why I appreciate FARMERS... they spend most of their abilities and experience working with the universe's most abundant material and making it work for them!

But I digress:

Yes, the DPF Canister Replacement is probably as expensive as any other component that may or may not be needed at some given time, depending on who's making the calls (the Govt, the Manufacturer, or the Consumer), and don't forget the geo-political climate at the time.

Yes indeedy... "Everybody gets a vote on everything!", even though it's just possible that it's probably those much smaller controlled groups that are managing the gathering, sorting, manipulating, counting, validating, loosing, adding, hiding, finding, printing, disposing, forming, critiquing, tallying, translating, generating, purporting, AND reporting of the votes that choose!

;)

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #120  
I purchased a 2019 MF 1739E for our place. Mostly bucket work. Currently 112hrs. Regen approx every 5 - 6 hrs. Before the starting issue and taking it in. I was bad at running higher rpms. Tech told me to work it so l do now. At 107hrs it started and died in 5 - 10 sec. Hard to load on trailer lol. The tech said it was sooted bad. Cleaned and returned back. No charge. At approx 4 - 5hrs since return, it did a regen. Seems MF has a issue with these coming out of India...