DPF Regeneration driving me crazy...

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #1  

Reddogs

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 / Kubota L3301
I knew the regeneration cycle would be happening as I kept away from the larger diesels as my buddy burnt two engines up on his trucks. But the regeneration lights come on, right as I am in the middle of something, or it starts beeping and I have to stop immediately out in the field and find a empty spot to regenerate so I dont set the whole forest on fire. This is nuts...

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #2  
I knew the regeneration cycle would be happening as I kept away from the larger diesels as my buddy burnt two engines up on his trucks. But the regeneration lights come on, right as I am in the middle of something, or it starts beeping and I have to stop immediately out in the field and find a empty spot to regenerate so I dont set the whole forest on fire. This is nuts...
Once every 60+ hours for 10-15 minutes. Don’t be so dramatic.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #4  
It’s very real. One of my farming friends has newer stuff. Doesn’t like it when it regens.
I will stick with older stuff until the elites comes and takes them

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #5  
Do you ever load it up? Maybe something is wrong with it. Does your soot build that fast or is it regening because of a bad sensor or something? My tractor has 200 hours and no regen. Soot level is just over 80%.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #7  
I got it in May of this year. Used it for running the chipper until the loader came in September. Use it with the grapple hauling logs and brush cleanup. Plowed 4' of snow for 4 days.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #9  
You purchase a new post 4 tractor you get all the emissions stuff at no additional charge... Just think, after 2300 regens (about), you get to replace the cannister too. (Kubota estimates 2300 regens before replacement / cleaning). Don't worry, it won't be under warranty at 2300 cycles. Federal emissions warranty is 5 years. Once past that, it's your dime.