Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out?

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out?
Delayed Spontaneous Combustion?

Only battery issue I encountered was a UPS at work in a secondary server closet.

Arrived early at work and doing my rounds when the in your face odor of acid hit me.

UPS was in Thermal Runaway is the term UPS maker used.

The case was extreme hot to the touch.

Long out of warranty and with a 3 year old replacement battery I was surprised the manufacturer picked up the init and exchanged no questions as they wanted to investigate.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #62  
Sounds like a lonely boring life.
My kids rarely visit (busy lives and some live states away) although we visit the closest ones every now and then. My wife and I don't have close friends but I enjoy being with my wife. After raising 9 kids we are fine with with no company. ;)

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #63  
I have had thermal issues on flipping cellular hot spots.

The batteries suk. Poor quality.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #64  
I always find it interesting in how some folks (like us) enjoy our family and friends popping in and how some folks do not. Not that either is right or wrong. Just interesting.

My in-laws would pop in a couple times a week to visit us and their grandkids. We'd usually stop what we were doing and go get some ice cream. :p

Friends driving by would see us in the yard and stop in. We'd do the same... maybe go out for margaritas instead of ice cream. ;)

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #65  
I always find it interesting in how some folks (like us) enjoy our family and friends popping in and how some folks do not. Not that either is right or wrong. Just interesting.

My in-laws would pop in a couple times a week to visit us and their grandkids. We'd usually stop what we were doing and go get some ice cream. :p

Friends driving by would see us in the yard and stop in. We'd do the same... maybe go out for margaritas instead of ice cream. ;)
We enjoy our friends a lot...even the couple that voted for option B. Rural living seems to bring folks together. Never really got to know our suburban neighbors like that.

Yesterday we had a power outage (lasted 26 hours). The guy who voted for option B and I went to help "The Hermit" get his generator fired up and hooked up.

I would not want to live without human interaction or be completely dependent on a wife/SO for companionship. But others are wired differently.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #66  
Yeah, my workbench is down in the basement. So's my wood burner. Ash bucket was convenient.

What tipped me off to the swollen battery in the first place was the screen started looking/acting funny. I picked up the phone and could feel the bulge in the back of it. So I shut it off and ordered a new battery.

I often wonder what would have happened had I not noticed it swelling.
The built-in backup batteries on our old house alarm control panel used to do this, swell so badly at end of life that they'd blow the back panel off the controller. Never had any unusual heat or fire associated with these events, though. I'd just order a new battery when I noticed it happening (usually around 6 years mark), swap it out, and carry on.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #67  
I moved to Texas from California in 2002. It was a lot harder then I had thought it would be, but it was also like waking up after a long sleep and realizing that I wasn't enjoying my life before, and now I had so many things to look forward to. In CA, I focused on vacations and getaways. I always wanted to be somewhere else then where I lived. Here in Texas, I rarely go anywhere, I want to be home on the farm more then anywhere else.

We've talked about moving. Tyler is getting crowded. Traffic can be horrible. But we don't want to start over again, and we both appreciate what we have here, and how hard it would be to find something better if we moved. I've always wanted to live where I could see elk and have aspen trees. But I doubt that will ever happen because I don't want to deal with snow, and every time we go to the mountains, we become frustrated with something there that just drives us crazy. In Colorado, the traffic was unbearable. In South Dakota, the RV's a Harleys where non stop, and it wasn't even close to Sturgis week. Everything around Yellowstone was beautiful, but also crowded and challenging to get around. It's fun for a little bit, but we where happy to head home after being there.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #68  
... It's fun for a little bit, but we where happy to head home after being there.
That's the nice thing about living where we live... we can visit any place in the world that we'd like to visit, then come home. ;)