Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out?

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #52  
I have never did get it figured it out I just go with the flow.
Born in MA, parents moved to FL then TN I left TN for the USAF went to TX from there to NC, Korea, Vietnam, MS, NE, discharged and with the same company lived in SC, NC, VA, MS, OK.
I retired and currently live in MS this is where my wife grew up and I know more people here than anywhere else so it feels like home.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #53  
I am there.

You need to decide two things…what can you compromise on and what you cannot compromise on. Unless you have a boat
load of money, then just spend it.

edited to add

in 1995 I decided Canada would become a shithole. I decided to leave. I was correct.

The next election will determine if the US becomes a shithole. But I can adapt.

Seems to me you live in a shithole and want to stay. If it is an acceptable compromise, deal with it as best you can.

Last edited:
   / Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #54  
My wife went back to work at age 50 after most of the kids were grown. This allowed us at age 53 to find a house with land out in the country within a short drive to work (we both work at the same facility) and a good school system for the remaining two kids. Starting over buying a house was concerning but our goal is to have it paid off by age 64.
We didn't move far from our last place and are both born and raised in Texas. The kids that moved on have no interest in living in our part of the world and I'm happy for them. :D
This is our retirement home and I hope my final resting place.
This post makes me like you in that you can say this about your kids. They are complicated. Thankfully I have my kids near me but I also know that they don't want me in their business too much. I'm ok with that too.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #55  
I've cancelled just about everyone in my world. I'm okay with it. :)

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out?
I am there.

You need to decide two things…what can you compromise on and what you cannot compromise on. Unless you have a boat
load of money, then just spend it.

edited to add

in 1995 I decided Canada would become a shithole. I decided to leave. I was correct.

The next election will determine if the US becomes a shithole. But I can adapt.

Seems to me you live in a shithole and want to stay. If it is an acceptable compromise, deal with it as best you can.
Its probably more that holding on for a better tomorrow has taken a serious hit.

2019 was an amazing time... not perfect by any measure but seeing long abandoned buildings and districts reborn with a new economic vitality and young people chosing to be here and again becoming a destination with corporate relocations and startups vying to be here was nothing short of amazing.

I made new friends from all over the country... Michigan, Oregon, Texas, Illinois, Maine... etc. confident to be here.

The Michigan couple is now in Idaho... the pandemic fallout sent many scrambling to leave and shows just how quicky things can flip.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #57  
Its probably more that holding on for a better tomorrow has taken a serious hit.

2019 was an amazing time... not perfect by any measure but seeing long abandoned buildings and districts reborn with a new economic vitality and young people chosing to be here and again becoming a destination with corporate relocations and startups vying to be here was nothing short of amazing.

I made new friends from all over the country... Michigan, Oregon, Texas, Illinois, Maine... etc. confident to be here.

The Michigan couple are now in Idaho... the pandemic fallout sent many scrambling to leave.
pandemic fallout - A reset on what is important to ones life and well being.

Many people took that as an opportunity to get to their "goals" faster, on the other hand many did not.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out?
^^^ Great succinct way to summarize.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #60  
Glad it didn't turn into a house-a-fire.
Yeah, my workbench is down in the basement. So's my wood burner. Ash bucket was convenient.

What tipped me off to the swollen battery in the first place was the screen started looking/acting funny. I picked up the phone and could feel the bulge in the back of it. So I shut it off and ordered a new battery.

I often wonder what would have happened had I not noticed it swelling.