DK50se Loader quick connect fittings

/ DK50se Loader quick connect fittings #1  

liberty2701

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti Dk50se hst
Last edited:
   / DK50se Loader quick connect fittings #2  
My loader quick connect fittings all leak. I flushed them out with no luck. The o rings must have damage. I think I will probably just purchase new fittings. I did replace the o ring once on one of them but it leaks again.

Same problem on my DK40SE, I have 2 of the 4 that leak. I replaced the o-rings in them and they are leaking again. I am going to replace the female fittings only and see if that works.

/ DK50se Loader quick connect fittings
Same problem on my DK40SE, I have 2 of the 4 that leak. I replaced the o-rings in them and they are leaking again. I am going to replace the female fittings only and see if that works.

I just updated my post above. They seem like a cheap replacement.

/ DK50se Loader quick connect fittings #4  
I buy from discount Hyd and everything I have purchased has been good. On my new grapple it came with flat face fitting . At first i did not like them but once I figured out how to make the connections easy I like them

/ DK50se Loader quick connect fittings #5  
My leaky quick connect turned out to be a leak at the NPT adapter, not the actual coupling. I think the threads on the adapter were not machined right and it took a lot of teflon tape to stop that leak. Thread sealer paste would not do the job.

/ DK50se Loader quick connect fittings
My leaky quick connect turned out to be a leak at the NPT adapter, not the actual coupling. I think the threads on the adapter were not machined right and it took a lot of teflon tape to stop that leak. Thread sealer paste would not do the job.

Good point but mine is definitely coming from the quick connect itself. I have more than once had them disconnect on me while working in the rough stuff probably letting dirt get in.

/ DK50se Loader quick connect fittings #7  
I've had good luck with discount hydraulic as well. On rare occasion, I've had some female JIC fittings from them crack before the appropriate number of flats have been turned on installation, but their customer service replaced them with the appropriate amount of effort. So we continue to do business. They have been a great resource for me.

Because I feel like rambling, I'm partial to the series A Quick Disconnects (ISO 7241) You'll find them worldwide on a multitude of general purpose applications. They are a bit more durable than the Agricultural (ISO 5675) which are lighter duty, typically not seen outside of North America, but are appropriate for light duty ag applications. A great argument can be made for the flat face skid steer QD's (ISO 16028), They are expensive, but very functional in practice, and gaining ground in the worldwide market.

A Series: ISO 7241-1 Series A (6 Series)

AG: ISO 5675 Agricultural

Skidsteer: ISO 1628 Flushface

I would say these are the most common 3 you'll find around tractors, skid steers, excavators, ect.

The B series which is very similar to the A series, and shares the same ISO, will be found among more industrial applications like onboard drilling rigs equipped with ring line systems. Same flow rates, pressure ratings, and durability as the A series, but you just won't find them around our applications very often. I could see this being an easy accidental purchase, as they are fairly similar.

Last edited:
   / DK50se Loader quick connect fittings #8  
I've had good luck with discount hydraulic as well. On rare occasion, I've had some female JIC fittings from them crack before the appropriate number of flats have been turned on installation, but their customer service replaced them with the appropriate amount of effort. So we continue to do business. They have been a great resource for me.

Because I feel like rambling, I'm partial to the series A Quick Disconnects (ISO 7241) You'll find them worldwide on a multitude of general purpose applications. They are a bit more durable than the Agricultural (ISO 5675) which are lighter duty, typically not seen outside of North America, but are appropriate for light duty ag applications. A great argument can be made for the flat face skid steer QD's (ISO 16028), They are expensive, but very functional in practice, and gaining ground in the worldwide market.

A Series: ISO 7241-1 Series A (6 Series)

AG: ISO 5675 Agricultural

Skidsteer: ISO 1628 Flushface

I would say these are the most common 3 you'll find around tractors, skid steers, excavators, ect.

The B series which is very similar to the A series, and shares the same ISO, will be found among more industrial applications like onboard drilling rigs equipped with ring line systems. Same flow rates, pressure ratings, and durability as the A series, but you just won't find them around our applications very often. I could see this being an easy accidental purchase, as they are fairly similar.

So my tractor is down in TN where we are building a house. Any idea what size the couplers are for the FEL QD? I believe 1/2" but what size threads? The ISO 5675 sets on the site have multiple offerings for 1/2" coupler sets with different thread sizes but the ISO 7241 sets only list them as 1/2" couplers with no reference to thread sizes.

/ DK50se Loader quick connect fittings #10  
This should be the female coupler, it will be 3/8” NPTF threads.

IMG_0790.jpg

Set at discount hydraulics

6-6-6S | Set of 3/8" Hydraulic Quick Disconnects (Steel): DiscountHydraulicHose.com

Just the female

61-6-6S | 3/8" Female Coupler x 3/8" NPTF Female (Steel): DiscountHydraulicHose.com