DK40SE Won't Turn Off

/ DK40SE Won't Turn Off #11  
I musta been sleep walking last night..
I’m under the impression that it takes A LOT OF AMPS to pull in the plunger on the solenoid.. therefore it gets its voltage from the starter..??
So u won’t see anything on ur meter unless u crank the engine.. give THAT a try..
It just depends on if u have a 2 or 3 wire solenoid.

Last edited:
   / DK40SE Won't Turn Off #12  
Not sure about yours but, most of the ones I have worked on to include a recent John Deere 4 cylinder is the fuel cutoff solenoid is normally closed. Meaning it takes power from the key switch to energize the solenoid allowing fuel to pass, turning the key off removes power to the solenoid.

/ DK40SE Won't Turn Off
Boss302 that is how this system is suppose to work. My question is do I have a failed display module (is that where the 12v pull signal originates from)?

/ DK40SE Won't Turn Off #14  
Let me look in my service manual, i cant remember exactly what holds and releases this circuit. I worked on mine about 5 years ago, turned out it was a defective solenoid. Mines a 2011 series dk45.

/ DK40SE Won't Turn Off #15  
You can start here. With resistance readings. Let me look further
image.jpg

/ DK40SE Won't Turn Off #16  
Note that voltage is only recorded for 1 second when key is turned off

/ DK40SE Won't Turn Off #17  
I would think that the 12 volt power to the solenoid would come directly from a separate 12 volt fused source and be connected to a normally open set of contacts on a relay and the coil of this relay would be activated by a 12 volt source activated by the ignition switch when it is in the start and run positions. I wouldn't think that a defective display module would effect the fuel circuit.

/ DK40SE Won't Turn Off
So the question is, where does the 1sec 12v signal to the pull stop solenoid wire come from? If I can figure that out I've found my problem.

/ DK40SE Won't Turn Off #19  
So the question is, where does the 1sec 12v signal to the pull stop solenoid wire come from? If I can figure that out I've found my problem.
1675832019519.jpeg

I would look closely at the engine stop relay and the wires going to it.

Last edited:
   / DK40SE Won't Turn Off #20  
The 1 second delay comes from display unit
image.jpg