DK10SE HST Cab, which engine

/ DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #21  
Will do, trying to learn about all the fluids/filters and so many buttons on manuals. Already seeing debates about what are the best fluids (Synthetic vs blend, and Delvac vs. Rotella vs. Tractor Supply) for HST and CDI and hydraulics. And thinking about spending some money to download NX shop manuals so I can see what is in an NX.

A dumb question (which I probably should take to a different forum). I would like to install a factory 3rd function kit. Found a CK install video on Youtube where one of the rear wheel was removed to gain access to hydraulics. If NX is the same, and if I were to DIY this install, would I have to drain the rim guard out of the tire first, before attempting to lift and remove the wheel? I have a Genie duct lift (it's like a hand winch forklift that can hold 800 lbs), or can use a 1500 lb rated creeper type of wheel dolly to move the wheel + ballast. Or should I just forget DIY and pay the $99/hour + parts to let dealer do it?

Thanks for any inputs.
Draining the Rimguard and later pumping it back in would be a total pain. A dealer would just handle the tire as it is, with a proper tire dolly/jack, so I know it can be done. Maybe a pump-up pallet jack would do the job. I'm concerned your Genie duct lift wouldn't be stable enough with an off-center load like that, and may not even give enough access to the lug nuts. Your creeper-type wheel dolly might work if you jack the wheel up, slide the dolly under, then lower the tire gently until it's free enough for you and a couple of brawny helpers to roll it away.

But you'll still likely spend at least a full day with the rest of the job. Then hope you get everything installed correctly and buttoned up. If the Kioti dealer's shop rate is only $99/hr, they'll probably get it done for $500 or less. I like challenging DIY projects, and learning new stuff as I go, but that would be worth it to me. Besides, it would be a good way to start a relationship with the dealer's service and parts department.

Another thought. When you say "factory third function" I'm assuming you mean the third function kit that Kioti first introduced two or three years ago. I've not seen one on an NX, but if it would install the same way as on the CK and DK models, be aware that you will lose your right-side step! That for me would be a non-starter. There are times when a right-side step is very nice to have. If you do end up having the dealer do the install, be sure to get the step back from them, as it's an expensive part. I paid $105 for one in 2018 to put on my CK3510SE HST, which does not come with one.

Instead of the Kioti kit, you might want to look into one that mounts the double solenoid valve unit up underneath the tractor, aft of the joystick valve. The one I have on my NX4510HST cab is the HyVair model D03. Installed by my dealer, it tucks up out of the way near the transmission. See attached pic. I've been very happy with it for eight years.

There are a number of other good third function manufacturers. I have the W.R. Long double solenoid kit on my CK, and it mounts to the right-side loader post, so it was still possible to add the right-side step. I don't see any obvious way to mount it that way on the NX series, but you could ask. Also, you might want to call Michigan Iron & Equipment and speak with the owner, Bob Piro, about options. MIE is a very well-regarded Kioti dealer and great resource. In addition to the Kioti kit, they have their own in-house third function kit for the NX series that they've offered for years, before Kioti rolled out its own. I don't know how it mounts, but it's worth at least a call to Bob.

Also, another TBNr, Minnesota Eric, has a NX6010HST cab that he built his own third function kit for. He's posted about it in the past, and has a short video about it on his YouTube channel. Maybe he'll weigh in with some advice here. It's been a few years, but I think I recall that he mounted his double solenoid valve up out of the way under the tractor, below the seat area.

Attachments

• HyVair solenoid unit D03.jpg
    HyVair solenoid unit D03.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 103
   / DK10SE HST Cab, which engine
Hi Threepoint, there is an elusive factory 3rd function kit for NX, P/N: NXA127. I only came across it while looking for tractors on Facebook Marketplace. No idea if Kioti rebranded someone else's kit, or made one in house (they do sell NX's globally), but I am hoping it would be well integrated. I will definitely give MIE a call to see if they know anything about this factory kit vs. MIE's.

While I think I am mechanically inclined, the thought of draining Rim Guard then trying to put it back absolutely stomps my brain. That's why I was wondering if I could possibly remove/re-install a ballasted tire/wheel using one of these wheel dolly/jack. Harbor Freight's is rated at 5200 lbs and the rollers would allow wheel to rotate/line up for re-installation.

Sorry to have gone tangent with this chat, so I will ask my operating/maintenance/modification questions to the appropriate forum. Thanks again everyone for taking time to give me a lot of details to think about.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 11.58.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 11.58.00 PM.png
    516.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 11.59.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 11.59.07 PM.png
    380.6 KB · Views: 109
  • wheel dolly.jpeg
    wheel dolly.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 111
   / DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #23  
I'll be curious what you learn about the mounting options of that Kioti valve kit NXA127, as well as the MIE NX kit.

I don't think that HF wheel dolly would handle your R4 rear tires, since its max tire width is 11". Maybe someone with R4s on their NX can post the width. I have R3s on mine, and they are 20", sidewall to sidewall. The R4s are narrower, but I doubt by 9".

/ DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #24  
I know the NX 55 rear tires are a little bigger than mine.
But I've removed the loaded rear tires on my DK 35 before, I just jack up the rear of the tractor till the weight was starting to come off the tire, removed the lug nuts and rocked the tire side to side to wiggle it out from under the fender and rolled it out of the way.
Reversed the process to reinstall. I didn't have any issues without a jack or lift. (42 gal of fluid in each tire)

DK35vince thanks for that encouraging experience.

And Threepoint after seeing how small HF wheel dolly is, and how big a tractor wheel lift (amazing what's on Youtube) is, I can definitely see a laughable size difference. I guess it's like shooting BB's at a bear, it may get the job done but not before the bear gets me first.

Then of course I gone through TractorByNet forum and checked out various hacks. Most promising one being the use of engine hoist + strap to get the loaded tire in/out. Or a forklift with strap. Not sure if fender removal is needed so when I get my NX home today I will see if there is enough room to stick the boom of an engine hoist (or fork) above the tire/below fender.

My NX only has one set of remote in the back, so it's in serious need of hydraulic pimping, and I have been looking at various options from factory (Kioti NXA122 for extra rear remotes, NXA127 for 3rd function) and 3rd party, diverters, multipliers, etc... From what I gathered/seen the factory kits have best button/wiring harness integration (right buttons going to right places, and plug and play wires) but not necessarily the easiest installation, instructions or mounting hardware for hoses and wires. And obvious diverters (off the existing rear remote) is cheapest easiest option. But if I can safely remove the right rear wheel I think I would be more incline to go factory kit.

Got the NX home; unfortunately suicide door and speed don't mix.

Left side door flew open in transit, shattered the glass and maybe hyper-extended the hinges.

So before any hydraulic pimping I got to hunt down a replacement glass.

But she sure is purring nicely.

Attachments

• The good side.jpg
    The good side.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 108
  • The bad.jpg
    The bad.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 109
   / DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #28  

Left side door flew open in transit, shattered the glass and maybe hyper-extended the hinges.

Ouch! Not cheap..

/ DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #29  

Hearfelt condolences. Truly a cruel turn of events after scoring so well on the new purchase! :eek: Maybe the Tractor Gods figured you'd had too much good fortune for one week.

As Midniteoyl says, not cheap. But, even after replacing the door you'll still be within your original budget! And the tractor is quite usable in the meantime. You don't even need to defer your hydraulic pimping. (Hey, I'm looking for the good news here!).

Speaking of hydraulics, one nice feature of the NX series (different from the DK you were first considering), is the ability to have up to three rear factory remotes without having to go to a custom diverter solution. You already have one set of rear remotes, so you have room for two more. Now's the time to do it. That will allow you to use two for a top n' tilt system (hydraulic top and side links). Then you'll have a third set to operate something else, e.g. a wood splitter, etc. I'm using mine at the moment for a hydraulic cylinder on a rear blade to mechanize its offset function. I just replaced the mechanical swing link with a Grizzly cylinder. Very nice to have when you're doing light ditching, or grooming the shoulders of a gravel drive and want to sweep stone back to the center.

When the NX series first rolled out in North America, Kioti listed only two rear remotes as an option. That may have changed by now, but, regardless, a third rear valve body and cable kit is available through your local dealer or MIE. It is actually the same as the No. 2 (second) remote kit, so you would just need to order two No. 2 remote kits. The third valve body bolts right up to the other two, so requires slightly longer, hardened bolts, 8.8 or better (available at Fastenall, etc.) Plus another o-ring, of course. As you've probably already noticed, your NX has a third, empty slot on the right-side console for a third remote lever.

Props to our fellow member Minnesota Eric who first alerted me and others back in 2014 that this is possible, along with how-to instructions! https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/nx-options-or-lack-thereof.327357/page-3 (see post 23)

Attachments

• 3rd remote pic1.jpg
    3rd remote pic1.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 3rd remote pic2.jpg
    3rd remote pic2.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 98
   / DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #30  
BTW, be sure to read the whole thread I linked to. The photo links in it no longer work, but I'd forgotten that the discussion also touches on adding a separate 3rd function. I'm again reminded at what a great resource TBN is. Lots of smart guys much cleverer than I am!

Also, my modest advice is, don't give much more thought to trying to use your rear remotes for a grapple, in lieu of a true 3rd function valve. Sure, it can be done, and I certainly respect the folks on this board that are good at it. But you're in a position now (and have the budget) to set the new NX up the way you want it.