DK10SE HST Cab, which engine

/ DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #1  

ck90211

Tractor
Deere 1025R, Kioti NX5510HC
Hi everyone, newbie here. Thought a 1025R is all the tractor I ever need but want to get a new and reasonably priced heated/AC cab, bigger size for bigger root grapple (66-72"), and more lifting capacity to move a 2500 lb scissor lift over lawn/gravel. Was ready to buy a DK4210SE HST Cab but a dealer told me I'd happier going with a turbo engine (4710 or 5310) for extra torque especially if I ever get a bush hog or flail mower.

Appreciate any inputs or suggestions.

And how confident should I be with a DK10SE HST with 2500 lb load on 48" front forks, just lifting it high enough to move it. Or should try lifting it with rear 3 point pallet fork? I will have Rim Guard in the back tires and maybe another 500-800 lbs of rear ballast.

My budget ($35-40K) also permits me to look at used 2018'ish RX7320 or TYM654 which comes with self-leveling loader which I would like to have. No bumper to bumper warranty but will still have some powertrain warranty left.

I am in MD BTW. Thank you.

Last edited:
   / DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #2  
Welcome to TBN!

Without knowing your other expected uses beyond moving the scissors lift, it's hard to offer much help here, especially with engine choice.
Regarding lift, any of the DK10SE series will use the same loader, the KL5521, hence the same specs for lifting capacity. The engine size within the series won't affect that. Lift at full height is stated at 2474 lbs at the pins. 48" forks at a height of, say, 20" to carry the 2500 lb scissors lift over level ground would really be pushing the limits, IMO. Did your dealer offer a thought on that? Wondering if he might be willing to set up a demo to find out. Possibly bring the tractor to your place if not too far away.

As for other uses, like a rotary cutter or flail mower, I tend to agree with your dealer. One data point for you: My neighbor has a DK5310SE cab that he uses with a Woods 12' batwing mower rated for a minimum of 35 PTO hp. A great tractor, with 39.3 PTO hp, and it gets that job done, but slowly on any slight incline. If he had a do-over, I suspect he would go with the DK6010SE cab, or up a frame size to a NX6010HC.

He also has a 66" Everything Attachment Wicked Root Grapple on it, and loves the combination. I myself use an EA 66" Wicked Root Grapple on my NX and my CK tractors. You didn't ask for thoughts on grapple width, but I think you'd be quite happy with 66" rather than 72".

/ DK10SE HST Cab, which engine
Thank you Threepoint for giving me something to think about. My main use is rough terrain forklift for 2500 lb (scissor lift, full IBC water tote, shed/sauna or raised garden planters on pallets). I know I could buy an used forklift (that lifts a lot) for less but I have been wanting a bigger, cab tractor that can run bigger buckets (for mixing/spreading compost or gravel), wider grapple for yard cleaning (66" is good for my needs), a flail mower or lane shark to keep weeds/bushes down, and possibly a tiller/snow pusher when cheap.

I know my 2500 lb target is already at the upper threshold of DK10SE front lifting capacity (regardless of engine sizes), and adding fork weight only makes it worse. So I am hoping the rear 3 point lift might handle it better? The 2 dealers I visited/spoke to have been upfront; they just don't know how DK10SE's and forks do at limit.

NX seems to be a better choice (lift capacity wise) but I found none (new) in MD, VA or PA. New RX's is $10K more than my budget. So I am hoping a DK4210SE or DK4710SE HST Cab, either front or rear fork, will do the job. If not, then maybe a 4-5 year old RX or TYM T754/654.

Anyone with a DK10SE HST have experience lifting 2500 lbs with forks (front or back)? Thanks.

/ DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #4  
Maybe a TBN'r who's actually tried that can weigh in. Meantime, though, just looking at Kioti's specs for the 3-pt. lift capacity on any of the DK10SE series, I think you'd be very dissappointed in that frame size for your specific uses. The rated 3-pt lift is 2717 lbs at the standard 24" behind the hitch. While that sounds conservative to me, adding the weight of rear forks sturdy enough for your loads puts your totals well over the rated weight before you even begin to move. Then add the bouncing and weight shifts due to your rough terrain.

Ah the bounces (I forgot). I guess I best have at least a 500 lbs overage (20% of 2500 lbs) on capacity just to be safe. Looks like a RX or TYM x54 frame size would better suit for my needs, and the self-leveling loader would probably keep whatever I am forking more balanced.

/ DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #6  
The TYM T654 is a very nice tractor, has the Deutz TCD2.9L4 engine in it to boot.

/ DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #7  
The least I would go for your usage is a NX. And given the budget, it would also be the max :) Your dealer can order one in. Obviously, the bigger RX will do better lifting and stability, but budget takes a severe hit, not to mention the big jump in weight if you're worried about the drive and yard. Also, in the NX line, once you hit the 55hp mark, theres an increase in weight and PTO is Cat 1&2. Basically it's 'supped up'.

Midnoteoyl, you are right about beating up yard. I will be using it mostly on matured lawns so lighter tractor + turf tires better. I have not been able to locate a NX (new or used) within 100 miles from the DC area and kind of apprehensive about ordering something sight unseen. Seen a few RX's and T654's (on ag tires) and they definitely look beefy (and pricey).

I guess if I am spending $50K+ I'd be better off (capacity/safety wise) getting a used piggyback forklift to do my all terrain lifting, plus a smaller engine CK or DK cab tractor for my other tractoring needs.

/ DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #9  
Midnoteoyl, you are right about beating up yard. I will be using it mostly on matured lawns so lighter tractor + turf tires better. I have not been able to locate a NX (new or used) within 100 miles from the DC area and kind of apprehensive about ordering something sight unseen. Seen a few RX's and T654's (on ag tires) and they definitely look beefy (and pricey).

I guess if I am spending $50K+ I'd be better off (capacity/safety wise) getting a used piggyback forklift to do my all terrain lifting, plus a smaller engine CK or DK cab tractor for my other tractoring needs.
Does seem like for your use and limitations, 2 different machines would be best. I'd hit the dealers and classifies and give it a little more thought on exactly what I **need** to accomplish the goals.

/ DK10SE HST Cab, which engine #10  
[snip]I will be using it mostly on matured lawns so lighter tractor + turf tires better. I have not been able to locate a NX (new or used) within 100 miles from the DC area and kind of apprehensive about ordering something sight unseen.[snip]
Yes, ideally not something you want to order from just seeing photos and a video. I'd at least want to sit in the cab and operate it a bit. Heck, maybe even kick the tires. :)

Don't know where you are in MD, but if you're not too far from No. Va., you are welcome to visit my NX4510HST cab. It has the wide Titan R3 turf tires that Kioti offers, so you could see those at the same time. Even if in stock, NX tractors on a dealer's lot would most likely sport R4s or R1s. You probably already know that all the NX models have the same engine and base frame size, but with the engine tuned by ECM settings to adjust fuel delivery to the specific hp rating. As Midniteoyl notes, the NX55 and NX60 models have the beefier cat I/cat II 3-pt setup.

BTW, here's some more minutiae if you decide to look further at the NX series: The specs on Kioti's website for all NX models are given with R1 (Ag style) tires mounted, typical for CUT manufacters. For the NX55HST cab and NX60HST cab models, the specs show 2" more ground clearance than the NX4510HST cab and NX5010HST cab models. Since all NX models have the same base frame, that puzzled me until I learned that Kioti uses a larger rim and larger diameter R1 tire (by 4") for those two models when mounting R1 tires. Hence the 2" greater ground clearance! The overall height to top of cab must necessarily increase by 2" as well, so I'm virtually sure the height spec of 94.1" for those two models is an error. That could matter a lot if your tractor bay has an 8' garage door, as mine does!

However, when mounting R3 turf tires, Kioti uses the same rim and tire size for all NX models. (See attached screen shot). So, in your case, if you were to order the Titan R3s, you'd get the same tire and rim size, hence the same ground clearance, regardless of NX model.

Attachments

• Tire size comparison NX4510HST C vs NX6010HST C.jpg
    Tire size comparison NX4510HST C vs NX6010HST C.jpg
    709.7 KB · Views: 125