DIY Fire Starter’s

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #101  
I just have a bag of pine shavings in a steel trash can. Dip a small metal paint can in the shavings, pour in a little kerosene and dump in the bottom of the stove. Then I pile on small wood and then put a few large splits on top. Light the shavings/kero, close the door but don't shut it and walk away. Ten minutes later I put another split on top...Done.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #102  
I got a clone of a Big Green Egg kamado grill. The forums for those suggested cotton balls soaked in rubbing alcohol to get the coals started since charcoal starter is a no no with them. So that's what I did, cram a mason jar full of cotton balls then fill it up with 90% or so alcohol. Works like a charm. I took my jar camping several times and had great luck using the soaked cotton balls for fire starter. Take a couple out and put them below what you are wanting to burn and light them up. They burn for longer than you would think.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #103  
We were wondering, what are some of the ways that you guys are making your own fire starter’s. I tried small dried fir cones dipped in wax not good. Now using shredded paper stuffed into an ice tray with melted wax works good! Any other ideas? Thanks in advance for any ideas. ☮️✌🏻
Dry citrus peels.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #104  
Planer shavings