Divorce, need value help!

/ Divorce, need value help! #61  
Not to get too far off topic but through work I come across all kinds/types of people/families arriving for surgery/procedures.

The grandfather with all his grandkids showing up for cataracts or the grandmother just dumped at the curb arriving for cancer surgery...

What really sticks out is a couple that have been married (To Each Other) 80 years... she was 16 and he 18 and married after only a few weeks after meeting... walking in hand and hand and holding hands in the waiting room... he drove.

I know it really can happen and when I had a few minutes to talk with them they said they just new and both smiled hand in hand.

My guess is there is nothing better when it works...

Seen plenty of the other side too... where daily life is just a series of confrontations...

Also know people that divorced young and got back together... high school sweethearts that married and divorced after 4 years and then 4 years got back together... still in their 20's and now married 40 years total... they both said they had a lot of growing up to do before they realized just how lucky they were... their divorce was done on a note pad... not much to divide up and filed... no kids.

When it comes right down to it material things tend to be the easy things when it comes to moving on.

One ex-wife boasted of making her ex miserable and she saw too it that everything was sold just so he couldn't have it... sad when that becomes ones life focus.
I married but was too immature... apparently I did have some growing to do. Didn't divorce soon enough but there were kids involved so I tried to be loyal. Swore I wouldn't get married again. Didn't want to date. But now my long time second wife and me are soul mates. I suppose it is really hard to get it right the first time when you are just getting out on your own. My advice to anyone is grow up and get sort of settled before you try to do it all in short order. Recipe for disaster: Graduate, Get a job, Get a mate, Get a house, and have kids in just a few years. What is the rush?

/ Divorce, need value help! #62  
Off topic....but tomorrow the odometer on my marriage will roll over.

Yep, today I've been married exactly 9,999 days!

(I'm an excel spreadsheet nerd...& I learned you can do "calendar date" math)

Am I suppose to buy a card or gift?
Scratch that, don't tell Hallmark (or De Beers) about this or we'll all be sorry!

/ Divorce, need value help! #64  
Next Monday I will be married 18250 days, or 50 years. It would have been easier doing the time. I would have been out 42 years ago, maybe.

Congratulations!!!! That's a major accomplishment in today's society.

You two deserve each other!!! :rolleyes: :cool:

/ Divorce, need value help! #65  
Next Monday I will be married 18250 days, or 50 years. It would have been easier doing the time. I would have been out 42 years ago, maybe.

Congratulations!! 50 Years! :cool2:
p.s. Monday will be day 18263, You might of skipped 13 leap days...but who's counting?....Me!..I told you I was a math nerd!...:rolleyes: :D
p.s.s.: If she doesn't divorce you before Dec. 2, 2024 that will be 20K day (day 20,000).

/ Divorce, need value help! #66  
Missed my 10000 day anniversary need to mark 11000. 10645 today

/ Divorce, need value help! #68  
Yes, congratulations everybody. Divorce thread converted to marriage thread, take that o/p! :laughing:

/ Divorce, need value help! #69  
Will be Valentine's day next year

Approaching 80 years of age, and being divorced for 23 years.......
I support leasing.......in maximum ten year increments.
Want a new/different model?
Find the best deal on a new, or slightly used, zero down lease, with option to renew.

/ Divorce, need value help! #70  
<snip>
I lost track of the final outcome but I did know some lawyers got richer.

Talk about getting screwed!
<snip>
And the lawyers do the screwing! My ex took me to court to file for more $$, lawyer wanted $5K down. We ended quickly and amicably, the lawyer had $3K left. Continued to bill me after all was done and charge $300 each billing, till he sucked up all the $$.

I married but was too immature... apparently I did have some growing to do. Didn't divorce soon enough but there were kids involved so I tried to be loyal. Swore I wouldn't get married again. Didn't want to date. But now my long time second wife and me are soul mates. I suppose it is really hard to get it right the first time when you are just getting out on your own. My advice to anyone is grow up and get sort of settled before you try to do it all in short order. Recipe for disaster: Graduate, Get a job, Get a mate, Get a house, and have kids in just a few years. What is the rush?
The rush used to be to beat death. What with disease and world wars a lot of smart fine men died before reproducing.

Yes, congratulations everybody. Divorce thread converted to marriage thread, take that o/p! :laughing:

My key is to keep the number of anniversaries down so I can count them easily. I'm about to celebrate my 9th anniversary with my loving wife. We got married on leap day, 1984.