Divorce, need value help!

/ Divorce, need value help! #91  
I did exactly that. While amicable, her friends were urging her to make me sell my 1929 Chickering grand piano. On Antiques Roadshow etc, it would appraise for maybe $7500.

In reality, i do not know a single person who plays piano or anyone who would want it, except me.

Per your instructions, I told her to sell it herself. Yea, Right. I don't think she took enough stem courses to figure it out.

You can bet your azz i still got my piano and my 1988 bmw convertible and she's got some phony immune disease.
An attorney can make an innocuous recommendation that may go sour.
The attorney for my Ex made a claim for the value of any unused vacation paid to me prior to my retirement.
My attorney suggested that we offer to split that amount.
I said, let's just agree to 100% for her, as they ask.

I was a union employee, and our contract specifically prohibited any vacation buyback while employed.
We agreed to her attorney terms, simply because it was not contractually possible. (it helped that I was a union representative, and knew the rules)

The buy back of vacation while actively employed, is simply a jobs issue.
If people can sell their vacation, then others will have upgrades/promotions delayed, since fewer total employees are needed.
Bought myself a 2 yr. old Mercedes with my vacation buy back cash,.... paid AFTER I retired!

Last edited:
   / Divorce, need value help! #92  
You need to convince HER to get appraisals on the car and tractor also.
Her appraisals will always be too high!
Then you use her appraisals as the value, and say if it is worth that, you can have it to sell.

I did this with a boat.
I found an appraiser to value my boat at $135K, she had an appraisal of $235K.
My attorney said: We will offer it to her for $235K, because she is stating that is what it is worth, and she can then sell it.
If she does not want it at that price, she will have to accept the value as being $135K, and at that price I will keep it.
It worked!
Clever. (y)

/ Divorce, need value help! #93  
Her Lawyer gonna love the tractor

/ Divorce, need value help! #94  
   / Divorce, need value help!
So far, so good. She paid her attorney 15k so far and I have paid mine 2.5k. She hadn't gotten anything extra for all of that moneyl

/ Divorce, need value help! #96  
Lawyers, the only profession where they can promise the moon, and deliver nothing, but still get paid handsomely.
Is there a more despised profession out there ?

/ Divorce, need value help! #97  
Lawyers, the only profession where they can promise the moon, and deliver nothing, but still get paid handsomely.
Is there a more despised profession out there ?
to repeat something i saw here

99% of lawyers give the rest of them a bad name