Buying Advice Diesel smog emission stuff?

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #181  
My starter motor on my large frame Kubota's make more power than those tiny tractors do at the flywheel and I don't consider a hydrostat to be cutting edge technology either. In my application (farming) a hydro is the worst choice you can make because of the parasitic power loss. International tried that decades ago and had little success except with planting tractors. Tractive power to the ground is everything and a gear drive excells at that and most are many speed gearboxes and or power shift so gear changes are effortless and synchronized as well. Both of mine are 18 x 18, 18 forward and 18 in reverse and little parasitic power loss. CVT's are gaining in popularity today but tractor CVT don't have belts in them, they use a metal link chain to drive the gearbox and a computer to effect range changes.
You are right about the category you selected. But in a different category, this old school boy traded in his gear drive for a Hydro for the convenience. Purpose was to do odd jobs around the farm with maximum convenience. I have 5 others to do things like you mention and they are sticks.

They all aren't listed because I can't figure out how to update my personal data.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #183  
Just don't get caught. I know people say that won't happen but under this failing but still promoting new 'Green energy deal' anything is possible. Just look at the IRS and what this administration did, hiring thousands more IRS agents and then arming them for what? What is enforcement of you paying your 'fair' share according to this administration. Same deal could go down with the EPA and don't assume it won't if this current tack continues. Just be careful who and what you vote for and make dam sure you DO VOTE.

Keep in mind that if you 'delete' it, you will still require the 'deletion' parts and if you cannot precure them, you are still 'up the creek without a paddle' so you might as well hang on to and keep in good repair, your pre 4 unit and you can still buy repair parts, both OEM and aftermarket for them. Think about the big picture before you post something.

Don't think for a second that there aren't Federal Government agents on this site reading along because there are. Consequently, be very careful what you post because you don't have any idea who is reading along.

We presently live in the 'spy versus spy' era.

I've really 'sanitized' my comments on this and other forums, especially firearm related forums I frequent just because of the people who are reading along that may or not be government employees, here for the sole purpose of reading and reporting (in you or others).
I've already obtained the needed parts for a delete on a kubota. They're easily obtained from Asian countries with web sites that support their products. I'm mechanically inclined and it's a no brainer to delete these tractors. I'm not worried about being caught. They don't have the time or the personal to chase down grandma out in a field tending her farm on a deleted Kubota. Hell if they throw me in jail probably be doing me a favor! I certainly can't pay their fines! I'm not concerned and have most of my diesel equipment deleted. It provides much more reliable equipment and lower fuel and maintenance costs. Good luck!

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #184  
Buying a tractor is kinda like asking about a pickup/car you will
get all kinds of answers about which is the best however you can
get a LEMON in any brand.

willy

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #185  
The 24 hp is the way to go.. once you start using it you just might wish you purchased more horse power
Mahindra is the largest Tractor MFG in the world (not the USA) but they designed around having the regen issues that many have. The exhaust is run through a small catalytic that is easy to get to. I bought my tractor after comparing many specs like total weight (yes a tractor should be heavy ie.more metal) lift ratings, a 4 cyl engine that makes 38hp rather than everyone else 3 cyl. made by Mitsubishi.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #186  
You are right about the category you selected. But in a different category, this old school boy traded in his gear drive for a Hydro for the convenience. Purpose was to do odd jobs around the farm with maximum convenience. I have 5 others to do things like you mention and they are sticks.

They all aren't listed because I can't figure out how to update my personal data.
The issue with the new website format is, nothing is listed any more. and I don't much care for the format either. Anyone using the ZenForo format is now running this same deal and they all suck, big time.

I'm about done posting on this site. I took a 5 year vacation a couple years ago (from here), I'm about to do the same again.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #189  
The DPF emissions gadgetry will fail and cause you to need to spend money to make it better or make it gone. Even if you operate the unit in accordance with recommendations - high rpm, hot, etc, - it will fail. Eventually. If you operate your unit as a UTILITY tractor, doing little chores here and there, that failure is likely happen sooner than later. If you operate your unit as a production tractor, working at close to rated max load for hours at a time, that failure may not happen as soon.

A turbocharger is not to be feared. DPF and catalytic converter WILL cause you $$$-hurt. Avoid if you can.

Unfortunately you are right, it happened in my VW Jetta Diesel at 120,000 miles (Crack in the outside shell).

My next door neighbor has a very nice looking few years old John Deere 2038R which was five days ago hauled to a dealership, due to what has developed into a continuous regeneration of DPF.

He had previously complained about way too frequent regeneration's during annual dealership services, but they just told him to run it at higher Rpm and it will be fine.

Well that did not solve the issue.

The tractor is now close to end of it's warranty ending and the neighbor is very worried....

Sad

IMG_5002.JPG

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #190  
This isn't the first time mandated emissions requirements have made things much worse for owners.

Back in the 1970s, my employer had a nice Ford with a 400 cubic inch motor that was one of the sorriest running engines I can recall driving despite the large displacement. They hadn't yet figured out how to build an emissions system that didn't rob an engine of performance. MPG wasn't great, either.