Buying Advice Diesel smog emission stuff?

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #171  
I'd bet Kubota has so intertwined the DPF and ECM that you dare not touch either one if you want the tractor to run. What scares me is the amount of monetary damage a mouse can do eating some wiring that didn't used to be on a diesel engine.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #172  
Although I don't need to worry about deleting I will say that at times many people try to make it more complicated then necessary. The worrysome sensors will be temperature and pressure ( or actually differential pressure).
Anyone with a simple recording oscilloscope could figure out how the temperature and pressure sensors are functioning, usually by a resistance change.
1693491607696.png

Once it has been determined the values for a DPF that is clean and not requiring a regeneration a dummy sensor can be installed. Or if a DPF is removed and bungs welded into a pipe for sensors and an orifice plate can be used to create the proper differential pressure with just a bit of trial and error sizing.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #173  
Did you say oscilloscope?? I love oscilloscopes. Before I decided to move to the woods and become a farmer that was my hobby repairing and refurbishing Tektronix gear, older test equipment and audio stuff. Thats about 1/4 of the lab at the time.View attachment 818812
I got introduced to them in 1971 going to my "A" school in Millington Tenn. Then used them for a few years and then not for several then starting using them for a bit again. They are a very versatile and useful piece of equipment.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #174  
I still have everything and am hoping this winter to get set up. But who knows. Being able to eat became more important for us.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #175  
Keep in mind that if you 'delete' it, you will still require the 'deletion' parts and if you cannot precure them, you are still 'up the creek without a paddle' so you might as well hang on to and keep in good repair, your pre 4 unit and you can still buy repair parts, both OEM and aftermarket for them. Think about the big picture before you post something.
First of all your entire post is worth the read. A good analogy of caution and wisdom.

Many folks are so busy with sustaining a livelihood that they miss the "big picture." ......and to this particular quote I will add that parts, service, and choices are diminishing at a rate that leaves many out in the cold, so to speak..We have to survive on our own merit the best we can.... and our only alternative "to vote" has also been compromised in ways that are obvious to a practical thinker and many still hidden and entrenched. I live in a pretty remote rural setting that's about 65 miles from Portland. Needless to say they can easily cancel my vote ten fold and urban sprawl has been in the works for a couple decades to support metropolitan and subsequent global control over our livelihoods.

I am an old guy. My dog in the fight is as good as buried in the back yard....but being old has the advantage of wisdom. It's pretty clear that the system is rigged.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #176  
Can someone send more diesel emissions and "global warming" my way?
It's been only 7 degrees Celcius above freezing every night and morning where I am.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #177  
Can someone send more diesel emissions and "global warming" my way?
It's been only 7 degrees Celcius above freezing every night and morning where I am.
I was putting up some wood today and a old timer stopped over. Said.... That wood will look really good when there is snow on the ground. Then started talking about how he thinks this winter will be bad. Whole time I'm telling myself Noooooooo. I just want a nice mild chilled out winter. Saw the dog panting this morning and I could see his breath so its just about over. Next few days are going to be hot, going to leave the seasoned wood uncovered until the next day they start calling for rain then time to get the covers on it.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #178  
I was putting up some wood today and a old timer stopped over. Said.... That wood will look really good when there is snow on the ground. Then started talking about how he thinks this winter will be bad. Whole time I'm telling myself Noooooooo. I just want a nice mild chilled out winter. Saw the dog panting this morning and I could see his breath so its just about over. Next few days are going to be hot, going to leave the seasoned wood uncovered until the next day they start calling for rain then time to get the covers on it.
I keep hearing conflicting winter forecasts for here. But it really feels like late fall up here already. Getting depressing too because it's now already getting dark again by 8:30 PM until around 7 am.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #179  
Lou.. Not to demean you at all but I don't have any desire to own any tractor I have to do a delete on, one, I don't have the knowledge and two, I don't have the time so I keep my pre 4 units in excellent shape and they will surely outlast my 72 year old butt.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #180  
So we had a pollution problem in this country. We all see in in old photos from the 1950s & 60s.

The EPA got created and with all the best and brightest ideas and then went sprinting full speed down the wrong path.
We could have simply solved the problem with better technology, but instead the the EPA and brethern concentrated instead on restictions.

By now we should be way ahead of the game but instead what we have is a mess. The smoke stack industry is still here, diesels are no longer simple and efficient, and people are angry.

So what do we do now? Returning to the old days is just stupid, and continuing down the same path is too.

But we've learned something. We still want the same thing we always wanted - a better future. That will probably be a future with less regulation, less restrictions, and more technology. Going forward, not backwards.

rScotty

Obviously things needed cleaned up but there’s a lot of middle ground between a nasty smoke bellowing piece of junk and completely ruined with emission equipment. If they really wanted to make a big step in the right direction they could ban the import of products that were produced in a way that wouldn’t meet out standards. Acting like we’re saving the world with electric cars while other countries burn tires and at best coal to build those batteries is just stupid.