Buying Advice Diesel smog emission stuff?

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #91  
Sorry, couldn't resist, LOL

Funny how EVERY manufacturer says they are the biggest in the world, LOL
Kind of of makes sense though seeing as the population of India and China is 3 billion combined. A lot of farming needs to take place to feed 3 billion people.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #92  
Kind of of makes sense though seeing as the population of India and China is 3 billion combined. A lot of farming needs to take place to feed 3 billion people.
That and so many of these tractor manufacturers make models for other manufacturers......you can't keep track any more.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #93  
I have a Mahinda 3525 that needed brake work so I searched youtube for a how to video. What I found was guys that appear to me to be working in India in bare feet in primitive working conditions showing how they do these repairs.

I think it also needs some bull pinion gear seals on the brake assembly replaced that are internal to the transmission case. If this repair was being made in India, the cost might be minimal where in the US it's looking like 10-12 hours of work at $100 hour. To me, they should have made the seals externally replaceable, but they didn't. Sometimes I wonder if it is due to a mindset that labor is cheap in India so why design the tractor to save labor on this kind of repair?

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #94  
I have a Mahinda 3525 that needed brake work so I searched youtube for a how to video. What I found was guys that appear to me to be working in India in bare feet in primitive working conditions showing how they do these repairs.

I think it also needs some bull pinion gear seals on the brake assembly replaced that are internal to the transmission case. If this repair was being made in India, the cost might be minimal where in the US it's looking like 10-12 hours of work at $100 hour. To me, they should have made the seals externally replaceable, but they didn't. Sometimes I wonder if it is due to a mindset that labor is cheap in India so why design the tractor to save labor on this kind of repair?
I could go on and on with those types of stories. Replace the injectors on a LB7 Duramax? 13 hour job and about $3K at a dealer plus at least $3k in injectors so a $6K job. Everything on top of the engine needs to come off injectors are under the valve cover. Oil pan on your 7.3 powerstroke leaking? Well here's what you need to do loosen engine mounts disconnect everything connected to the engine and just go ahead and remove the engine. because the pan wont clear a cross member and you can't drop it far enough to clear the oil pickup. While you are at it make sure you apply the recommended ford sealant to the engine while its upside down or it will surely leak again straight away.
IMG_20221104_115550.jpg
. No big deal.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #95  
Maybe on a 2wd 7.3 but not on my F350 4wd. Changed the pan once (because Ford pans are junk) and never pulled the engine or loosened the motor mounts. Do keep in mind that mine is 6 over stock with a flipped front differential too.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #96  
Maybe on a 2wd 7.3 but not on my F350 4wd. Changed the pan once (because Ford pans are junk) and never pulled the engine or loosened the motor mounts. Do keep in mind that mine is 6 over stock with a flipped front differential too.
Ok. Proved me wrong and everyone else that foolishly removed their engines to replace their oil pans. Man I'm stupid

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #97  
Not trying to prove you or anyone else wrong, I really don't care candidly. One thing I did do was I installed an aftermarket pan that was heavier gage than the stock Ford tinfoil pan.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #98  
Some of the more dim even resort to cutting the cross member out and welding it back in... or not

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #99  
As a rule, I don't frequent powerstroke forums at all. Only forum I frequent is this one and a couple firearms forums and at least on those you can post political comments, unlike this one where you get your pee-pee slapped and posts deleted because this forum is run and moderated by liberals. Between the above and the censored words on here, sometimes I find this forum tedious at best.

/ Diesel smog emission stuff? #100  
I dont belong or spend much time on those forms at all. I do belong to the FTE forums though. Tons of good info there. Also a pretty good group of guys with a lot of knowledge. I also belong to the Duramax forums but dont spend much time there at all.
my bio: 6 foot 4 extremely attractive male. Independently wealthy. My interests are Diesel engines, hunting, fishing, welding and surviving the coming apocalypse.