Diabetes

/ Diabetes #311  
darn
lab work this morning already came back
glucose 103, AIC 6.0, up from 5.9
looks like I'll be hearing about that....
Fasting glucose 103? That's not bad. Wife says 120+ is when you're concerned. A1C is borderline she says but not so bad. 6.5+ is bad.

/ Diabetes #312  
Lower a1c is good. I do recomend getting a CGM. It was a game changer for me and allow me to live better, plus it reduce my already good a1c..

/ Diabetes #313  
You are better off using the sugar than the other
items in place of the sugar. If the package says
sugar free I would not purchase for my wife;. Just
read up on the stevia is worse than sugar

willy

/ Diabetes #314  
You are better off using the sugar than the other
items in place of the sugar. If the package says
sugar free I would not purchase for my wife;. Just
read up on the stevia is worse than sugar

willy
What did you see on stevia? I certainly am one that assumes that natural is better than man made, but Stevia and several of the other non-glycemic sugars are somewhat natural. Sugar is pretty clearly bad. I wouldn't overdue it on any of the others, but I'd question if they are really worse than sugar.

I haven't actually tried Stevia. I have tried allulose and erythritol.

/ Diabetes
What did you see on stevia? I certainly am one that assumes that natural is better than man made, but Stevia and several of the other non-glycemic sugars are somewhat natural. Sugar is pretty clearly bad. I wouldn't overdue it on any of the others, but I'd question if they are really worse than sugar.

I haven't actually tried Stevia. I have tried allulose and erythritol.
it is erythritol that just had a bad review, the sweetener intensifier mixed into Truvia

/ Diabetes #316  
"Of those 10 bacteria genera, four seemed to have a relationship with an APOE allele that is thought to raise the risk of Alzheimer's disease.

One example genus is the Actinobacterium Collinsella, which isn't only associated with Alzheimer's and the APOE variant but rheumatoid arthritis, atherosclerosis, and Type-2 diabetes as well."

/ Diabetes #317  
Lower a1c is good. I do recomend getting a CGM. It was a game changer for me and allow me to live better, plus it reduce my already good a1c..
The CGM, definitely discourages cheating: Having the thing beeping every five minutes, definitely makes you think about whether the cheat is worth the hassles.

/ Diabetes #318  
The CGM, definitely discourages cheating: Having the thing beeping every five minutes, definitely makes you think about whether the cheat is worth the hassles.
I think it's best attribute is to know what is happening or how some food is effecting you. Even if you eat and exercised exactly the same way every day, things can be different.

/ Diabetes #319  
It's unfortunate some of these studies that come out with false headlines. There was just one stating the Keto diet was bad, but when I read it, no one in the study was doing Keto.... I read the comments on the article and they were all point out the same thing. If you're consuming stuff that your body can't readily use for energy, you're body is going to store it away as fat. The study had people slightly reduce their carbs and eat lots of fatty meat. It was no surprise that those people didn't do well after a few months.

/ Diabetes
I think YouTube has worsened a terrible trend of clickbaiting due to sensational headlines.
Clearly draws viewers in, pays for itself ,follow the money...

I see the endocrinologist tomorrow morning. Should be interesting. Both he and my primary doc are smart guys and I'll take what both of them
tell me and then, well, do something....

bye bye rolls
bye bye yummy sweet buns
hello happiness
think I'm going vegan
think I'm going vegan
boop boop de doo

these tests were taken right when I returned from a two week rv trip and lots of food made by others.
I might have spiked my own numbers a little, but this is a long term trend I honestly have been losing.
am also curious how cholesterol did, did well with that last time. waiting for email telling me results are online.
Nice to be able to read them before seeing doctors.