Diabetes

/ Diabetes

have any of you taken ozempic?
it seems to work. Elon Musk says so... :rolleyes:
counterintuitive you can eat poorly and a magic pill makes it all better.

am wondering how it works and assume it is part of an overall plan

/ Diabetes #302  

I’ve taken it for diabetes. Quit it after a month, because it works mostly by emulating the hormone the pancreas releases to tell your stomach that your blood sugar is high, and it shouldn’t release anything more inot the intestines. Thus you feel full. You also get gird, and heartburn. I stopped using it after one pen. It just essentially gave me a very upset stomach.

/ Diabetes #303  

Its not just counterintuitive. :rolleyes: It is.

/ Diabetes #304  
I have type 2 diabetes. Take oral meds for this. I've had type 2 for over 60 years. The only thing that has really affected me - some type of arthritis in my shoulders. Some times it hurts like the blue blazes. It can raise real havoc with my sleeping at night.

My recommendation - find a good doctor that you can really trust. Do what he says and then find a good dietician. Develop a good diet and do whatever exercise you can.

I'm 81 now and - yes - with age I've slowed down somewhat. But that's to be expected if you have diabetes or not.

Otherwise - the diabetes has had little or no affect on my life style. It does have an impact on what I eat. But I've learned - long ago - to live with this.

/ Diabetes #305  
I have type 2 diabetes. Take oral meds for this. I've had type 2 for over 60 years. The only thing that has really affected me - some type of arthritis in my shoulders. Some times it hurts like the blue blazes. It can raise real havoc with my sleeping at night.

My recommendation - find a good doctor that you can really trust. Do what he says and then find a good dietician. Develop a good diet and do whatever exercise you can.

I'm 81 now and - yes - with age I've slowed down somewhat. But that's to be expected if you have diabetes or not.

Otherwise - the diabetes has had little or no affect on my life style. It does have an impact on what I eat. But I've learned - long ago - to live with this.
Congratulations to being we3ll on your way to my goal of living out a diabetic life, with all the pieces parts still attached and working with minimum complications.

I dignosed in my early forties, and have made it 23-years with no overt complications. Like you said, it is a good Endocriniologist, and dietician if youdon’t have a background in nutrition, along with a personal decision and commitment to live within the rules, and get some exercise.

/ Diabetes #306  
Many years ago a friend had a meat delivery business
and some customers wanted pork. He talked to his
distributer and he said that you can't grade pork as its
the worst. The main (but not the only) reason why pork
is bad for you is its high content of saturated fats and
cholesterol. Leviticus chapter 11 also says its bad.
I was using Oscar Meyer turkey bacon but there is way
too much sodium.
Here's a web site that gives infomation on Losartan BP MED

willy

/ Diabetes
I thought pork was the lean white meat?
I'd be more concerned with antibiotics and hormones used and whether the animals were sick when slaughtered.

lot of good info here, my labs are due in a few weeks. Will be watching AIC like a hawk.

I've said before my wife died of colorectal cancer and I'm pretty sure it was directly related to her high meat diet. Which thankfully I stopped ten years ago.

Which isn't to mean I don't order a bacon double cheeseburger once in a while when going out, which I rarely do. Live alone and cook my own food.

what ice cream or similar is best for diabetes? none of it? The Breyers no sugar added? The low carb one? Some of that stuff tastes pretty bad. I'm thinking home made yogurt ice cream can't be too bad for you if you use a safer sweetener. Just not sure what that is. Date sugar?

/ Diabetes #308  
I thought pork was the lean white meat?
I'd be more concerned with antibiotics and hormones used and whether the animals were sick when slaughtered.

lot of good info here, my labs are due in a few weeks. Will be watching AIC like a hawk.

I've said before my wife died of colorectal cancer and I'm pretty sure it was directly related to her high meat diet. Which thankfully I stopped ten years ago.

Which isn't to mean I don't order a bacon double cheeseburger once in a while when going out, which I rarely do. Live alone and cook my own food.

what ice cream or similar is best for diabetes? none of it? The Breyers no sugar added? The low carb one? Some of that stuff tastes pretty bad. I'm thinking home made yogurt ice cream can't be too bad for you if you use a safer sweetener. Just not sure what that is. Date sugar?
The "lean white meat" was a pork marketing ploy. Still like it, but consume it in reasonable amounts with roughage, fruits and vegetables.

/ Diabetes #309  
My diabetic wife & I (I'm not diabetic) eat very little meat. Never bacon, pork tenderloin a few times a year. Chicken/fish mostly. Lots of vegetables, salad, fruits, grains. She sweetens with Stevia. She eats ice cream occasionally...everything in moderation.

/ Diabetes
darn
lab work this morning already came back
glucose 103, AIC 6.0, up from 5.9
looks like I'll be hearing about that....