Deere ATV's are HERE!!

/ Deere ATV's are HERE!! #21  
Re: Deere ATV\'s are HERE!!

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( you can bet I will be looking at all colors )</font>

Yep, Bob, that's the way to do it. And tractor dealers, like everyone else, are individuals; some good, some not so good. And when I was tractor shopping, in addition to the 3 Deere dealers that were not so good, I visited 4 Kubota dealers and found one Kubota/Massey dealer that was as bad or worse than the Deere dealers. And I only visited one New Holland dealer (because it was the only one I knew of in the area at the time) and the reason I didn't consider them long was because he didn't have anything on the premises that I was interested in and didn't seem to know much about the tractors (the New Holland tractors are just a small sideline to his primary business of forklifts). Of course I also visited a couple of Cub Cadet dealers, one of which also had some Chinese tractors called a Rhino in 1995. And one of the Kubota dealers was also a dealer for Belarus.

I actually started shopping with Deere as my first choice, but that changed pretty quickly. If I were doing it again, in another area, . . . who knows? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Deere ATV's are HERE!! #22  

Speaking of Bombardier, they just released their quarterly results. A far cry from Deere's. It looks like they can use all the help they can get from JD.

edit: and speaking of JD dealers, I recently went onto the one in Waco to sit on a 4310 and get my free chair. The salesman spent plenty of time with me, showed me all the features on the tractor, loaded me down with literature and his card, and told me he would fill out the free chair coupon and mail it in for me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif This thread has once again strayed from its original subject to bash the JD dealer network. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Deere ATV's are HERE!! #23  

I find how this thread as wandered interesting. I have a thread in the Buying Section talking about how a dealer can lose a sell. It was the JD dealer I saw the Buck at. When I was looking to buy my tractor this same dealership was way high on pricing. Almost $5k more for a 4115 equipped the same as my TC 24 /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif, but now that I already have the NH was back there looking at other items they gave me a price of almost $1500 less for a 4210 then I paid for my NH. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif If they would've give me that price to start with I probably would've been driving a green tractor today. Lets face it, everyone says get the tractor you like best and the best dealer - all true - but money comes into play too.

/ Deere ATV's are HERE!! #24  

I don't have an ATV,and I have thought about getting one,but after looking at these new John Deere ATV's I want an ATV worse than ever. (A Green and Yellow ATV)

/ Deere ATV's are HERE!!

Think how nice it would look next to your Deere compact! What a match.

I never knew Deere was giving away free chairs. I better get mine tomorrow. Are they just green and soft canvas like material or what. I know we have one on the showfloor like that but to my knowledge I don't see any sign up cards anywhere.

/ Deere ATV's are HERE!! #26  

The dealer problems happen with all models from my experience. I was recently at a Kubota/ NH dealership that has a nice new facility with a real pretty building and a fair amount of inventory on the lot. I am looking for some new implements and considering a new tractor (don't any of you say a word to my wife) so I stopped in. After about 10 minutes of standing in the showroom the little girl at the reception desk ask me if I needed anything. Well I told her that I was interested in pricing some items and ask her if she could help me. She said that I needed to talk to a salesperson. I told her that’s what I was hoping to do when I came in. She then got on the intercom and called for a sales person to help me. After another 10 minutes of waiting and watching 3 gentlemen in one of the sales offices drinking coffee together and laughing at something I figured this just wasn't the dealership for me. I suppose it could have been a sales person with two clients but they all had New Holland shirts on like the reception girl.

What surprises me is that the couple of sales people I know personally at tractor dealerships work on commission and tell me that is pretty standard. Wouldn't you think that it would be to their advantage to fight for the chance to talk to anyone that walked in the door?

MarkV

/ Deere ATV's are HERE!! #27  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The dealer problems happen with all models from my experience )</font>

Yep, that's true. And like you, I figured most of them get a commission so you'd think they'd not want to miss a chance to sell something.

/ Deere ATV's are HERE!! #28  

I have a Polaris Ranger 6x6 (pic attached). It's an amazing rig. I posted the pic over another thread. If you are looking for an ATV you should check this RUV out.

Attachments

• 394688-IMG_0275.jpg
    394688-IMG_0275.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 190
   / Deere ATV's are HERE!! #29  

That is an amazing looking rig !!! Do you get a chance to use it often?

/ Deere ATV's are HERE!! #30  

I use the Ranger to haul, pull (the winch is 3500 lb remote controlled), carry loads, and other jobs on my property, a real work horse. It is cool looking and fun to drive it through the forest with my grand kids. It will climb real steep hill which you don't think that any vehicle can climb. My friend took his Ranger 6x6 through a thick mud hole around 18" deep and over 100 ft wide easily. Six wheel drive is pretty amazing.