Deere 110TLB

/ Deere 110TLB #1  

Frank DeForrest

Tractor
Ford 3600, Cub Cadet Z-wing
Looking at a 110TLB, 5500 hours, 4-1 bucket and thumb, low 20's.
Anyone else have experience with a high hour machine?

/ Deere 110TLB #2  
Search and read the threads and warnings on them here. Sounds high for a high hour machine. From what I've read more than a couple of them developed cracks in the bell housings. They are built on a 4000 series CUT frame so limited in capability.

A 110 was on my short list when I started searching but I'm glad I went with a full size backhoe and a separate tractor for other uses.

/ Deere 110TLB #3  
They have a bell housing problem of cracking and $$ to fix..

/ Deere 110TLB #4  
Shop around and you should be able to find a decent Deere or other brand backhoe in the low 20s.

Also read and search some threads over here for info on full size hoes. Tractor/Loader/Backhoes | Heavy Equipment Forums

And for crying out loud when multiple people tell you to stay away from a brand for one reason or another DON'T turn right around and buy one anyways. I have read threads asking for advice on two different forums where people ended up buying the exact brand or model they were warned not to buy. Total waste of everyone's time that tried to help them.

/ Deere 110TLB #6  
You could get a full size backhoe for 20k, But I don't now what your trying to do...

/ Deere 110TLB
You could get a full size backhoe for 20k, But I don't now what your trying to do...
Not seeing those prices where I'm at (middle tn, but property is in so illinois) Usage would be property clean up, drainage, etc on 60 acres.

/ Deere 110TLB #8  
Looking at a 110TLB, 5500 hours, 4-1 bucket and thumb, low 20's.
Anyone else have experience with a high hour machine?

Mine has been a good worker for what I do with it which is 菟roperty clean up around the farm and some rentals properties in town. I can trailer it easily with a 3/4 ton truck. The thumb is extremely handy. I also have a JD auger which I use on the backhoe to set corner posts. That has been great.

Anything can be broke if you aren稚 careful. The 110 is not a 吐ull sized hoe but it can be very useful if you use it within its limitations. Like anything else.
No one machine will do everything.

I am looking at a CTL with a brush cutter for sometime in 2021. I may want to expand beyond just what I do for myself. The dealer痴 eyes really lit up when I told him I had the 110 although I never mentioned trading it and even told him I wasn稚 planning to do that. He sure wanted to look at it and see what 塗e could do?

I wouldn稚 look too favorably on a 110 with 5500 hours for $20k. Sounds like way too much $ for that many hours.

I wouldn稚 tell anyone to rule out a clean, low hour 110 but that shouldn稚 be the only thing you consider either.

CAT has their rental system down pat. If you have some work you are ready to do might try renting a couple different things and then buying. Kubota also has perfected a pretty good rental system. JD has some catching up to do in getting their system down pat. But they will catch up soon.

Locations

Good luck with what you decide to do,

/ Deere 110TLB #9  
Thanks all, I'm going to take a pass on it.

Good choice!
I thought I wanted a JD110 TLB, but luckily, found (CL) a nearly perfect, (2006) 251 hour, orig. owner, Kubota L48 TLB.
Kubota TLB's have zero history of cracked cases.
50% more than your price range of "low 20's" though.

/ Deere 110TLB #10  
My 110 TLB has been very dependable... the hoe is awesome for the size.

I did have one senor go out... thankfully it was a $50 part... but I did have a scare when I called dealer and said it could be transmission.

Its at the limit for what I can tow so bigger wouldn't have worked.