Dealer charge for loading tires

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #61  
Formaldehyde? Hardly. Methanol is a type of alcohol mostly used as racing fuel. You can buy it off Amazon or most auto parts stores in 5-gallon cans. It's highly flammable and burns with a blue flame that is mostly invisible. You can burn to death without seeing any flames.
You're correct, even though a methanol/water antifreeze solution is often referred to as "methanol", the actual methanol component of the solution is wood alcohol.

The OP probably just misspelled the word as "methanal", which is formaldehyde.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #62  
calcium, beat, methanol, water, washer fluid.

they all weigh different amounts per gallon which is why calcium is king at 11 3 lbs a gallon over water water at 8.3 lbs a gallon and it's good to negative 58 before it freezes.

so which is better really comes down to how much weight do you need and who will maintain it. if you have a cut machine with tires that might hold 10 gallons not sure you can get enough fluid to even make a differance... simple 3 point concrete block or backhoe might be easier but if your a farmer with large ag tire pushing 100 gallons a side it changes all of the dynamics of the machine.

2k I would ask to clarify what that is for I can't imagine that is for tire ballast only.
Calcium is also great for rotting holes in your rims, as me how I know.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #63  
I just got 2 rear tires filled with methanol 17 5x 24s for $286.90
Methanol is very corrosive
I doubt if they used methanol. Might have thought they did
Methanol is just too poisonous.
Even the vapors are poisonous.
It's a nerve poison as well as tissure toxin ranging from liver damage to blindness.
Even small doses are a hazard.
Plus it is a fire hazard. The only advantage is cheap.
A tractor tire full of methanol is an unbelievable danger.
So I imagine it is something else and they got the name wrong.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #64  
They use a methanol and water solution, aka, antifreeze. Pure methanol is poisonous, yes. But it's nowhere near as poisonous as you evidently believe. Your windshield washer fluid is a water/alcohol solution, and methanol is the alcohol.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #65  
Rimguard is beet juice and non corrosive
Correct. I didn’t word that very well. I meant a non corrosive alternative to calcium. And it is a less messy alternative to rimgard.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #66  
The price of $2000.00 is highway robbery. Do not allow them to load the tires, if you purchase the machine. If it has a backhoe, there is NO need for loaded tires, the backhoe is sufficient weight for traction. If you decide to load the tires I suggest 'beet juice' it is non corrosive and environmentally friendly.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #67  
I have Rimguard in my DK4210, Still managed to lift the rear trying to move a heavy object with the forks.. but has not threatened to tip yet... My friend has a Kioti CK2700 series and nigh rolled it moving a large log even with the rimguard ballast.. However.. if you're working in Soggy territory the ballast in the tires that cannot be removed just makes you sink faster and harder to pull out.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #68  
Ok, back to the tire charge; my guess is it could very well be your optional tire type, plus filling. Don't know about Kubota; but many other small tractors come in a crate; minus tires-wheels; rops; loader; to make shipping cheaper. They go to Georgia-South Carolina-FLa, wherever to get that stuff bolted on, and then claim assembled in USA. If Kubota dealers are doing that final 'assembly' that's probably about $1200-$1500 of that charge. I think around here Rimguard in a pair of 12.4-24 is running around $600.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #69  
Different parts of country probably vary.

Local Kubota dealer in East Tennessee adds methanol rear ballast to any tractor with a loader.

They added ballast to my used B26 rears for $36. In hill county ballast improves balance and traction.
I wouud not use metanol.

Methanol
Methanol is highly flammable and if you decide to use this product it must be mixed with water to make it so you do not blow yourself up while mixing it, installing it, or driving your tractor with it in there. Depending on strength of mixture, methanol and water is good to around -15F temperatures. We are not recommending the use of methanol and water because of the danger – but it is an option available for tire ballasting.

• Advantages

• easily obtained in large quantities
  • adequate freeze resistance
  • Disadvantages

• extremely flammable
  • mixing required with water
  • hazardous to the environment, animals and people – care must be taken regarding its disposal

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #70  
I have Rim Guard and when you said " My dealer used a product named Bioballast to fill my tires. It a no corrosive alternative to calcium or Rimgard. " I had to go to the internet and see what I did. Below is a advertisement for Rim Guard.

WHAT MAKES BEET JUICE BETTER?​

Non-ToxicNon-CorrosiveHeavy (10.7lbs/gal)-35°F Freeze PointCharacteristics
Rim Guard
Check-Circle.png
Check-Circle.png
Check-Circle.png
Check-Circle.png
Non-toxic. Non-corrosive. Heavy and weighted at traction point. No tubes or mixing required. Natural product. Environment and livestock friendly.
Calcium Chloride
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Yellow-circle-with-white-dash-3.png
Check-Circle.png
Toxic. Highly corrosive. Weight varies upon person mixing it. Requires tubes. Not safe for the environment or livestock.
Methanol
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Toxic, corrosive and highly flammable. Can degrade tires. Weighs 35-40% less than Beet Juice Tire Ballast. Should be mixed with water.
Windowshield Washer Fluid
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Toxic to livestock. Not safe in groundwater. Corrosive. Weighs 25% less than Beet Juice Tire Ballast. Higher freeze point. Tubes needed for safety.
Water
Check-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Non-toxic. Potential for corrosion and rust. Lighter. Freezes even in mild winter weather. Inconsistent quality and highly variable.
Exterior Weights
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Empty-Circle.png
Empty-Circle.png
Changes equipment configurations and center of gravity. Takes up space on axle and frame. Most expensive per pound.
Isn't that amazing! Check the weight of calcium chloride and it comes up 11.86 lb/gal. It usually goes in an innertube. Not a problem unless you have a flat. Weight is always your friend for more traction. Dealers will be dealers. They have to make a profit too.
Last time I had a flat fixed it was $285.