Cyl Head For a Yanmar 2610

/ Cyl Head For a Yanmar 2610 #1  

Leejohn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660
Looking for a head for the 2610, can someone tell me some places to go look? Also I use to have a list that told me what JD was the same as the Yanmar. Have looked on the net and all my old paper work and can't find it, can anyone help there also?

/ Cyl Head For a Yanmar 2610 #2  
Hoye, Fredricks, Southern Global, Coldwater Tractors, Sheaffer's Town and Country for starters.

The 850 John Deere uses an AM877960 head at the tune of $1310.13. the 850 has a 3t80-J engine, your Yanmar has a 3t80-D engine. Don't run out and buy one on my findings.

Yanmars number for your complete head is 721150-11700.

/ Cyl Head For a Yanmar 2610
Thanks for the reply and info!!!! On your list I only see one that I ran across, well check the others for sure. Thanks again, Lee Johnston

/ Cyl Head For a Yanmar 2610 #4  
You could also add WKYTP, (West Kentucky Tractor Parts), a salvage yard like Southern Global, to that list.

/ Cyl Head For a Yanmar 2610 #5  
You could also add WKYTP, (West Kentucky Tractor Parts), a salvage yard like Southern Global, to that list.

WKYTP did not have any. I know, I live just across the state line from them. When my JD850 head blew, nobody anywhere had one .... except Fredricks. I was recetly at Fredricks a few weeks ago. They have both heads and complete engines. Well, when my mechanic opened up the 3T80 engine, there was more damage below. It would take $4,000 in parts to rebuild the 3T80 on the JD850. Then with labor the price tag got closer to $5K. The cost of a totally rebuild+refurbish Yanmar YM2610 with the JD850 trade-in was a better deal at $5,700. My JD850 also had white foam spewing from the hydralic lines too. The previous owner was very neglectful.

With all that said, if your YM2610 is in good shape for the rest of the tractor, then seeing how much a crated restored 3T80 engine from Fredricks could be a great option. FYI, Coldwater tractor parts mentioned they too have complete 3T80 and 3T90 engines.

On another tractor forum, a person is doing just this, an engine swap. It's not really hard since it's just bolts, flywheel gaskets, reconnecting the hoses for cooling and the throttle linkage.

I had searched high and low for 4-months for a 3T80 head. Either $2,200 from Deere (without springs and valves) or Fredricks. The YM2500 and another Yanmar use the 3T80 engine too.