Loader CX200 Hydraulic Cylinder

/ CX200 Hydraulic Cylinder #1  

suburbanfarmer

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2720 - Craftsman GT5000 - YT3000
Hi All,

So we had a bit of snow and I used the loader to clear it up but quite a few times noticed that the curl function went weak or limp.
There is no oil leaking anywhere. I did the full raise and curl to get any air out but seems the functioning is intermittent at best. The dump is loud and seems to stick.

Thinking I need to get the cylinders rebuilt. Here is the problem on my JD2720 loader: I can see the nuts on one side but the other has a zerk fitting. I did multiple searches but there are no videos or posts on how to remove these cylinders.

So tomorrow morning I will remove the loader and then try loosening the nuts on the cylinder and go from there. Do I simply tap those bolts out of the loader which should free up the cylinder? Any help is appreciated if anyone has a write up or how to links.

I will not be doing the rebuild myself but taking it to a shop for repairing it. Will be getting the seal kits directly from JD.

/ CX200 Hydraulic Cylinder #2  
and I used the loader to clear it up but quite a few times noticed that the curl function went weak or limp.

Do you have the regenerative function valve on your bucket dump? Acts like that if you do, and are not familiar with how it is supposed to work. Just a thought.

/ CX200 Hydraulic Cylinder
Do you have the regenerative function valve on your bucket dump? Acts like that if you do, and are not familiar with how it is supposed to work. Just a thought.

Sorry no idea, how can I tell if I do or dont.

/ CX200 Hydraulic Cylinder #6  
Sorry no idea, how can I tell if I do or dont.

Operators manual gives that info, and the bucket dump will go "regenerative" if pushing SCV lever to full right. Designed to dump faster but if caught in between dump and regen position, will act like your description.
Looking at the label, the regen is shown like this..

Attachments

• 2720_SCV_label.jpg
    2720_SCV_label.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 87
Operators manual gives that info, and the bucket dump will go "regenerative" if pushing SCV lever to full right. Designed to dump faster but if caught in between dump and regen position, will act like your description.

Thanks, will go look at the label shortly.
I did leave the bucket up and the loader didnt drop in 4 hrs but the bucket dumped down 2" in those 4 hrs.

From the manual:

Locking Out Dual SCV Regen Function
It may be necessary to prevent the dual SCV lever from moving to the full right or “regen” position when operating some implements. See your implement operator’s manual.

1. Park machine safely. (See Parking Safely in the SAFETY section.)

2. Remove right rear wheel. (See Removing and Installing Wheels in the SERVICE MISCELLANEOUS section.)

MX19643

3. Move joystick back and forth to access locking pin on L-shaped bracket (A) on the front of the selective control valve (SCV) (B).

MX35663

Picture Note: Shown with rear fender platform and closeout panel removed for clarity only.

4. Remove locking pin (C), and L-shaped bracket (A) from pins.

MX35664

5. Flip L-shaped bracket (A) inverted, and install back onto pins, as shown.

6. Install locking pin (C).

7. Install wheel. Tighten wheel bolts to 115 N•m (85

/ CX200 Hydraulic Cylinder #9  
Lock it out if you don't want it to dump faster.. I prefer the regen feature so a bucket-full will dump faster.. but the operator has to keep the joystick in the full right position for it to work properly.
Not keeping it "full right" will give mixed up bucket dumping similar (I think) to what was described in the OP.

Lock it out if you don't want it to dump faster.. I prefer the regen feature so a bucket-full will dump faster.. but the operator has to keep the joystick in the full right position for it to work properly.
Not keeping it "full right" will give mixed up bucket dumping similar (I think) to what was described in the OP.

Still learning here, so good to know about this feature and will try again.