Dirt Moving Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?
It has a new Cub Cadet 640 loader I have to install,from when the dealership's were Cub Cadet.The loader is for a Cub Cadet 8354 (Kioti DK35).The loader mount should be almost the same,I hope.I am thinking I should have it on the tractor before it gets nice outside here this year.
At one point of the install I will have to strap the loader to a beam I have in the cinder block garage I have now,it has a flat roof.Nice to have the beam there now before I demo the garage with the tractor,and to help build the new garage.
If anyone is interested I can post how the loader install goes.

Last edited:
   / Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It? #22  
Wicked COOL... brand new, WOW... and HECK Ya, we would like to see the mounting (and really like to see the DEMO of the old garage!!!!).

Watch out for 2x4's with nails when you demo.... don't ask me why. :p

Do you have the hydraulic controls for the loader (already on the tractor?).

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?
Thanks for you interest teg,I will post the loader install.It could involve changing part of the mount for the loader where it bolts to the frame of the tractor.I talked to the actual manufacture of the Cub Cadet 640 loader,KMW loaders.They said the 640 loader was made only for the Cub Cadet 8354.The side loader mounts are massive,I have a small welding set up in the garage now,so I should be able to do a good job.
The Cub Cadet (Kioti DK45) tractor has what they call a hydraulic power beyond block,that the loader control will hook up to,on the right side frame,under the brake pedals.It looks like I have all the plumbing and the joystick control valve in the crate that came with the loader.It looks like it will be great loader if I get it mounted,it even has quick attach for the 60" bucket.

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It? #24  
Your tractor has a 6" longer wheel base. Many of the part numbers are different for the 642 loader on the partspring loader mount diagram. I'd assemble it on the ground and see how the dimensions come out. If the frame width of the 8354 is the same as your tractor, things should go well. If not, you will have some fitting and fabbing to do.

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It? #25  
Thanks for you interest teg,I will post the loader install.It could involve changing part of the mount for the loader where it bolts to the frame of the tractor.I talked to the actual manufacture of the Cub Cadet 640 loader,KMW loaders.They said the 640 loader was made only for the Cub Cadet 8354.The side loader mounts are massive,I have a small welding set up in the garage now,so I should be able to do a good job.
The Cub Cadet (Kioti DK45) tractor has what they call a hydraulic power beyond block,that the loader control will hook up to,on the right side frame,under the brake pedals.It looks like I have all the plumbing and the joystick control valve in the crate that came with the loader.It looks like it will be great loader if I get it mounted,it even has quick attach for the 60" bucket.
Appears to be the same loader as on my DK 35. Kioti KL 1450 (made by KMW)

Attachments

• HPIM1008.JPG
    HPIM1008.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 139
   / Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It? #26  
Appears to be the same loader as on my DK 35. Kioti KL 1450 (made by KMW)

You could help him a ton by giving the width of your tractor frame, some front to back measurements, and pics of the mount.

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It? #27  
You could help him a ton by giving the width of your tractor frame, some front to back measurements, and pics of the mount.
If he needs something there he can let me know, but it will be a few days to I can get to it.

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It? #28  
Nice looking tractor by the way.

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?
Thanks for your help airbiscuit,that is a nice looking Kioti DK35 tractor.Assembling it before would be a good idea,Thanks.I am sure hoping the width of the frame is the same on my CC 8454 (Kioti DK45) as the Kioti DK35 that my loader would bolt on.The Kioti KL1450 is the same as my Cub Cadet 640,both made by KMW Loaders in Kansas.The instructions for my loader are for both models.The pictures in my Cub Cadet 640 loader manual are of a Kioti tractor,(some area's on my tractor where the paint has worn is showing bright orange paint underneath).If I could get a measurement of the width of the Kioti DK35 frame,it would take allot of the guesswork out of the loader install.
It looks like the side loader mounts have two sets of bolts,toward front and middle of tractor.I hope the four bolts in the mid frame of the CC 8454 are the same as the CC 8354 (Kioti DK35),and line up the my CC 640 loader.The set of bolts toward the front look like they do not line up,you can see them in the picture of the DK35 from DK35vince.BTW I would be afraid to even put a scratch in the paint of his tractor,it is like new.

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?
Thanks for your reply airbiscuit,I checked the part numbers for the Cub Cadet 640 and 642,and Kioti KL1450 and KL1470 loaders,all made by KMW Loaders.
The part of the loader frame that fits into the side mounts that stay on the tractor (Bearing Boxes),are the same for all.The actual loader frames are the same for the Kioti models,but are not the same for the Cub Cadet 640 and 642.The CC 642 loader, that is supposed to bolt on my CC8454,frame's overall length I think is longer.I am hoping both the CC 640 and CC 642's width are the same.
The part numbers for the side mounts that bolt to the tractor frame,are not the same for the Cub Cadet 640 and 642 loader.The bolt locations must not be the same for the Cub Cadet 8354 and 8454,(Kioti DK35 and DK45) tractors.