CT235 fluid leak

/ CT235 fluid leak #1  

winston1

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
My 2008 CT235 has been leaking fluid out the bottom opening of the hydrostat motor case for quite a while but slowly getting worse. Reading the manual and looking at part drawings would lead me to believe the motor has a seal leaking. The motor has numerous seals and I am very Leary of tearing in there with no experience on these motors. Has anyone had a leak here and repaired or had it repaired? I can see a seal on the front wheel drive shaft at the point it goes into the middle case but I don't believe that is where the leak is. Anybody with experience or knowledge on this?? :unsure:

/ CT235 fluid leak #2  
I had a leak from the same spot on my CK35. Any leak will come out that hole. I noticed the leak at 4 hrs, it most likely came from the factory that way. The dealer split the tractor and fixed it under warranty. He never found the leak, just ordered a seal and gasket kit for that area from what I understood.
Once it is split in half there are a couple of banjo fittings and seals in there. In addition, if you pull the rubber mat back you can see several test port caps which could also be leaking.

370D79E5-E67A-4318-ADE9-48C1486E078B.jpeg

Here is a pic that someone posted last year if you are thinking about going in.

8E156AD3-9280-4A56-8B1F-7D91512FEE1A.jpeg

/ CT235 fluid leak #3  
I had a leak from the same spot on my CK35. Any leak will come out that hole. I noticed the leak at 4 hrs, it most likely came from the factory that way. The dealer split the tractor and fixed it under warranty. He never found the leak, just ordered a seal and gasket kit for that area from what I understood.
Once it is split in half there are a couple of banjo fittings and seals in there. In addition, if you pull the rubber mat back you can see several test port caps which could also be leaking.

View attachment 698413

Here is a pic that someone posted last year if you are thinking about going in.

View attachment 698416

Holy cow! That is not encouraging!

MoKelly

/ CT235 fluid leak
You got that right. This may wait until winter unless it just starts pouring. Thanks for the reply's.

/ CT235 fluid leak
Amvcane, can you direct me to the thread associated with that picture of the shambled tractor. I searched some to no avail. Thought there might be more info there for pondering. Thanks

/ CT235 fluid leak #6  
Found it in the Kioti section.

/ CT235 fluid leak
Thank you.

/ CT235 fluid leak #8  
Here is another that you posted in.

/ CT235 fluid leak
Thanks again. I have ordered a cheap endoscope to hopefully diagnose just where the leak is inside the housing. I have been able to determine it only leaks when the tractor is running and a drop every few seconds. Would be nice to know whether it is a shaft seal, gasket, or just what before opening up. I use my tractor a lot during grass growing season so hoping to wait till winter to open it up. I will update after getting my endoscope.

Last edited:
   / CT235 fluid leak #10  
Winston, have you found out anything else about this? You have always been very helpful on the Bobcat forum!