CT230 Joystick Hydraulic Valve

/ CT230 Joystick Hydraulic Valve #1  

sparkyaber

Tractor
Bobcat CT230
I own an older CT230 that I use for varying duties on our 40 acres of land in northern Minnesota. I developed a very small hydraulic leak from the front of the joystick valve a few years back. I removed both end caps and replaced an accessible o ring with no luck. I have in the past had an issue with the detent valve not working. I ordered a new one, but in the wait time, with enough cleaning and a bit of grease, got it to work again. This last fall, I noticed that the bucket would travel on upwards while in the neutral position. Over time, it has progressively gotten much worse. Total loss of any neutral position, and float is gone. I tried adjusting the linkage with the threaded end caps where the cables pass through on the backside of the valve. I can get it to a neutral position. (Neither raising or lowering). It will operate like this for a minimal amount of time, and then back raising while in the neutral position. During this whole time, the float function has not operated as it should. The joystick locks into detent, but will still force the front of the tractor off of the ground. Also with this, (this fall) the very first sign of the problem, when I went to curl the bucket, the loader would raise. It still does this to this day. My understanding of hydraulics are limited, and without a drawing of the interior of the valve plumbing, I am at the point where I believe the valve is bad. The bobcat dealers here are not much help, as they really don't have that much experience working on bobcat CUT's only skiddies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My questions are:

Is there a setting that I am missing with the adjustments on the cables?
Is there a way to verify if the valve itself is bad? It is a 1500 dollar part from bobcat, and I would like to avoid buying it if possible.
Anything else I am missing?

Thanks

/ CT230 Joystick Hydraulic Valve
I finally removed the joystick valve and used air pressure to duplicate hydraulic pressure and found that the spool that controls the raise/lower function of the loader was sticking. The last time I had it apart trying to fix a leak, I nicked the end of the spool. After a little touch up with a fine emery cloth and a new coat of oil, it works perfectly again.

/ CT230 Joystick Hydraulic Valve #3  
Glad you got it figured out.

/ CT230 Joystick Hydraulic Valve #4  
Not sure if you are aware but the CT is just a Kioti CK painted white. If you need service or parts find a local Kioti dealer and they should be able to provide everything you need. The CT230 is the same as a CK30.

/ CT230 Joystick Hydraulic Valve #5  
Hello,
I also have a CT230 and I came to the same conclusion that it is a kioti ct30 as you state. Looking to install dual hydraulics to the rear but am having trouble coming up with the parts. It seems that the original valves are bolted together onto the side of the 3 point valve assembly. Do you have any knowledge on this and where I tap into for power beyond?
Thank you in advance!
larry
flagstaff az

/ CT230 Joystick Hydraulic Valve #6  
As I recall the 3rd function valve just bolted on right next to the loader joystick. all you have to do is remove the cover plate and stack the new valves on and they pick up the hydraulic flow through the loader valve. I was able to buy the valve from my local Kioti dealer as well as the routing kit that has the connectors and lines that mount above the three point hitch and connect to the valve. They were exactly the same as needed for the Kioti CK30. Also, depending on what you are using the valve to control, you may want to remove the detent ball in the valve body before you install it. With it removed the joystick automatically goes back to a neutral position when you release it instead of clicking into and staying in an open position until you manually release it.