Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #111  
Yes, think it is nice to have with no cab to screen out some rocks. Made progress today and shortened the PTO shaft.

So far only one hick up. take a look at the hydraulic deflector cylinder.

Easy Fix but I believe the incorrect cylinder was installed. A bit short . I will just fab a steel extender for the mounting tab until we can source a longer one.

So far Very Happy with the build Quality. Hoping to be operational soon.

Yeah, easy fix for the length. I never adjust mine because I have a cab. If I didn't have the cab, I'd have the hydraulic adjuster though.

The rock guard that came on mine is a piece of 1/2" rubber mat. Looked good in principle but not so much in application. After a few chunks of gravel bounced off the rear window, I added to it with more mat material. It looks a like Sanford and sons modification but hey, it works!

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #112  
Yeah, easy fix for the length. I never adjust mine because I have a cab. If I didn't have the cab, I'd have the hydraulic adjuster though.

The rock guard that came on mine is a piece of 1/2" rubber mat. Looked good in principle but not so much in application. After a few chunks of gravel bounced off the rear window, I added to it with more mat material. It looks a like Sanford and sons modification but hey, it works!
Here is a pic of my mat to keep the 1-2” rocks off my back window. It was worth sacrificing the old bed mat I had for one of my trucks. It’s a pain to cut it is all!
B0FED73B-FB63-4FAD-90D2-D7D41F546C94.jpeg

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #113  
Here is a pic of my mat to keep the 1-2” rocks off my back window. It was worth sacrificing the old bed mat I had for one of my trucks. It’s a pain to cut it is all!View attachment 774875

Total protection. I like it.

We got 50" of snow at my place in South Dakota. The only way I can get into it is by snowshoeing. It's a 10% grade up hill for 1400 feet. Going to try it in a couple of days. If no one hears from me by the 21st, I didn't make it. Lol

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #115  
Not good at this video stuff.

Here is a short ~20 second shaky cam of the 84" Inverted WIFO driveway run.

Our old fences also need replaced and the annoying rattle is not the blower, it is the right fender.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower
Yes, think it is nice to have with no cab to screen out some rocks. Made progress today and shortened the PTO shaft.

So far only one hick up. take a look at the hydraulic deflector cylinder.

Easy Fix but I believe the incorrect cylinder was installed. A bit short . I will just fab a steel extender for the mounting tab until we can source a longer one.

So far Very Happy with the build Quality. Hoping to be operational soon.
Looks like whoever mounted the cylinder did so with the chute at the highest point and the cylinder fully extended, instead of the cylinder being fully retracted. That's what you get when you rush the manufacturer to get your blower in 6 months instead of a year. ;)

Not good at this video stuff.

Here is a short ~20 second shaky cam of the 84" Inverted WIFO driveway run.

Our old fences also need replaced and the annoying rattle is not the blower, it is the right fender.

WOW that really blows the snow a long ways. You are going to need your deflector working so you don't bury your neighbours in the next county.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #119  
WOW that really blows the snow a long ways. You are going to need your deflector working so you don't bury your neighbours in the next county.

Looked at your video's again. I don't think throwing distance will be a problem for either set up :)

I made a short steel welded extension that works pretty well, just a bit long now since it can now actually shoot the snow into the blower itself.
Ha Ha

Oops...

Missed it by that much

We are getting more snow now, so May mod the mod again to gain back more distance.

As far as who will fix this ,

The WIFO rep told me deflector hydraulic kits are shipped separately to the distributor, as standard inventory stocking items, and installed there. Thinking Maybe possibly by the dealer since the tech I spoke with, the day i picked it up mentioned that the hydraulic deflector install was done along with greasing topping up the gearbox and setting the shoes.?.

I did send an email to the dealer with the pictures of the problem. My mod will and does work, just not what the range "should be" of movement. imo there must be a longer cylinder with more piston stroke that is the correct one for this blower.

Hopefully get the deflector factory perfect within a week or two.
Learning curve on the pull behinds is pretty quick.

I am More than pleased with this model and think my nephew steered me the right way going with the wider blower.

Already was able to use 1st-4th gear blowing depending on conditions and have no doubts the tractor has enough power to run it as the best fit from WIFO's inverted choices.

My biggest complaint Now is the mini 12 volt diesel heaters I ordered, and Vevor said were in stock ready to ship are now back ordered and according to the email wont ship until the 30th.
Which is small potato's

Time to put on the Carhartt insulated overalls, should have put them on earlier

In Other words Everything is Great and Really enjoying clearing areas with the New Inverted.

Last edited:
Blowing snow back into the blower is very inefficient, lol. That's funny.

One thing I found with the inverted blower is that it is kind of boring to operate. Just lower it and drive. The only thing I need to pay attention too is the sound, to make sure I am not going too fast and overloading it. I also look into the mirror occasionally to make sure I am not spilling too much out the side of the blower. When operating the plow I have to constantly lower or raise the loader arms, angle the blade as required for each part of the driveway and watch that I am not plowing past my driveway edge markers. I actually enjoy that. But doing that means that I will eventually have get the rear facing blower to widen the driveway and that involves hours of backing up and looking over my shoulder. I do NOT miss that!

Enjoy your new blower, it sounds like a good one.