Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #101  
That sucks! We got another storm heading our way tomorrow!! Not as bad as the last one, but forecasting 6 inches at my place.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #102  
That sucks! We got another storm heading our way tomorrow!! Not as bad as the last one, but forecasting 6 inches at my place.

Hi Avenger, Checked the weather forecast today, YEP Winter storm watch Friday Saturday Sunday

I can plow forward and reverse in the interim like I have been doing for the last decade
Which will always beat the heck out of a shovel.

I Did get responses THANKS to both WIFO rep Abraham and also Nik at Ellis Equipment.

Basically the distribution center in Utah shipped the blower right out on a truck approximately one week ago.

Kudos for expediting that.

The Truck made it into Montana, but broke down in Missoula and the distribution center had to make arrangements with a dealer there to unload the truck and store the load, until another truck can be sourced, as well as arrangements to complete the delivery to our local dealer if not some others as well.

This has been a headache for Nik and Abraham as well I am sure.

This time of year will make finding a truck to put the blower on likely harder Lots of trucks and workers hauling right Now with Christmas approaching but... that requires more drivers and trucks to begin with so trucks and drivers are in high demand
creating a real catch 22 of sorts.

I have been thinking about this since receiving the responses and actually considered driving a bit over 3 hours each way to Missoula and picking up the blower directly.

If the roads were better it would be a no brainer , but like you posted storms are incoming for the next 3 days and It dropped another 6+ inches overnight and it is raining,

So for now I will get going on plowing us out. WIFO and ELLIS are doing their best to take care of me.

Will update when I know more

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #103  
Hi Avenger, Checked the weather forecast today, YEP Winter storm watch Friday Saturday Sunday

I can plow forward and reverse in the interim like I have been doing for the last decade
Which will always beat the heck out of a shovel.

I Did get responses THANKS to both WIFO rep Abraham and also Nik at Ellis Equipment.

Basically the distribution center in Utah shipped the blower right out on a truck approximately one week ago.

Kudos for expediting that.

The Truck made it into Montana, but broke down in Missoula and the distribution center had to make arrangements with a dealer there to unload the truck and store the load, until another truck can be sourced, as well as arrangements to complete the delivery to our local dealer if not some others as well.

This has been a headache for Nik and Abraham as well I am sure.

This time of year will make finding a truck to put the blower on likely harder Lots of trucks and workers hauling right Now with Christmas approaching but... that requires more drivers and trucks to begin with so trucks and drivers are in high demand
creating a real catch 22 of sorts.

I have been thinking about this since receiving the responses and actually considered driving a bit over 3 hours each way to Missoula and picking up the blower directly.

If the roads were better it would be a no brainer , but like you posted storms are incoming for the next 3 days and It dropped another 6+ inches overnight and it is raining,

So for now I will get going on plowing us out. WIFO and ELLIS are doing their best to take care of me.

Will update when I know more
Man, your blower is literally two hours away from me......frustrating. Well, I'm blessed/cursed with the snowcurse again. No mentionable snow in NW MT for the next 10 days. ONLY on the MT/ID border.......my tractor forcefield is imense. Mounted the snowblower and BOOM no snow.

317907083_10159054639265983_4530448751915976301_n.jpg

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #104  
Good News...

GREAT NEWS

The WIFO Inverted blower made it to the dealer and I got the call to come and get it.

Had to make a trip out of town today, so there was barely enough time to pick it up before Idaho Implements closed this evening when we got back.

They helped me figure out how to fit it on my converted boat trailer and another gentleman helped me get the pallet into the bed of my truck since it would not fit between the trailer fenders. ( Nice pallet for the barn)

I was going to do all of the assembly but they had already mounted up the hydraulic deflector, lubed and greased it when I called.
This was done no charge which was very nice of them.

Every thing looks Good so far as I could see.

Here is a Nighttime pic using a flashlight.

Can't wait to put it to work.

Attachments

• PXL_20221215_014941597.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20221215_014941597.NIGHT.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
   / Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #105  

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #106  
Good News...

GREAT NEWS

The WIFO Inverted blower made it to the dealer and I got the call to come and get it.

had to make a trip out of town today so there was barely enough time to pick it up before Idaho Implements closed this evening.

They helped me figure out how to fit it on my converted boat trailer and another gentleman helped me get the pallet into the bed of my truck since it would not fit between the trailer fenders. ( Nice pallet for the barn)

I was going to do all of the assembly but they had already mounted up the hydraulic deflector, lubed and greased it when I called.
This was done no charge which was very nice of them.

Every thing looks Good so far as I could see.

Here is a Nighttime pic using a flashlight.

Can't wait to put it to work.

Really like the rock guard!

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #108  
I was out with my rear pull snowblower today in 12" of heavy wet snow. I cleared my place, 7 of the neighbors driveways, and widened the 1/2 mile road the neighbor had plowed. A few observations:

• It still threw 30' or so, but it takes power. I had to go slower than normal and up the RPMs.

• It absolutely disputed the myth about there being a problem of driving over the snow. Even when I drove over banks that elevated the tractor, the snowblower scraped clean.

• I have a manual chute rotator. I don't have to change it often, but a hydraulic chute rotator would be sweet.

• I am thrilled that I sold by conventional 3pt snowblower and bought an inverted.

1671151018168.png

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #109  
I was out with my rear pull snowblower today in 12" of heavy wet snow. I cleared my place, 7 of the neighbors driveways, and widened the 1/2 mile road the neighbor had plowed. A few observations:

• It still threw 30' or so, but it takes power. I had to go slower than normal and up the RPMs.

• It absolutely disputed the myth about there being a problem of driving over the snow. Even when I drove over banks that elevated the tractor, the snowblower scraped clean.

• I have a manual chute rotator. I don't have to change it often, but a hydraulic chute rotator would be sweet.

• I am thrilled that I sold by conventional 3pt snowblower and bought an inverted.

View attachment 774766
Airbiscuit, you have the EXACT same model MK Martin as me, I do have the hydraulic chute......also have all parts for the deflector being hydraulic. But haven't gotten my 2nd remote from dealer yet.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #110  
Really like the rock guard!
Yes, think it is nice to have with no cab to screen out some rocks. Made progress today and shortened the PTO shaft.

So far only one hick up. take a look at the hydraulic deflector cylinder.

Easy Fix but I believe the incorrect cylinder was installed. A bit short . I will just fab a steel extender for the mounting tab until we can source a longer one.

So far Very Happy with the build Quality. Hoping to be operational soon.

Attachments

• PXL_20221215_235822151.jpg
    PXL_20221215_235822151.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20221216_000311275.jpg
    PXL_20221216_000311275.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
Last edited: