Couldnt' find the music thread #2

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #41  
What are you trying to say there?

No god given talent required to entertain because you can learn it but only people like Sammy DJ are talented?

LoL...don't have a clue how you came up with that out of my reply...!

What I said was...What you described doesn't take any artistic talent...it can be learned...

Do you not understand the definition of the word "natural" when it refers to someone with artistic talent ?...IMO S.D. Jr. was a "natural"...that is the only reason I mentioned him...

in contrast...take someone like howard stern...someone that has never shown any natural artistic talent in any field...yet he is famous, ungodly rich and hugely popular...only because over the years he developed a highly polished broadcasting technique (learned skills)...that won him fame and fortune...

My point was that just because someone can entertain / work an audience does not mean they have any real artistic talent...the required skills can be learned and polished...

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #42  
In this entire thread, this is the first mention of artistic talent. All the other posts just mentioned talent.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #44  
Some people mistake learned skills for natural (artistic) talent...

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #45  
I'm not mistaking anything. Most people learn artistic talent. They aren't born with it. They are born with the ability to learn things and someone teaches them. Parents, teachers, coaches, mentors. The student has the interest and the drive to learn something, and accumulates the tools from the lessons taught. Sometimes they even teach themselves.

From Sammy Davis Jr's biography:
His unconventional childhood did provide him with important lessons, however. Young Sammy learned how to please an audience, how to tap dance like a master, and how to move people with a smile and a song.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2
Let me add my two cents here; I was never a professional, but I used to play guitar and banjo, and have appeared before a lot of audiences, played parties, dances, and have even made a few TV appearances. I loved it, and thought of doing it professionally until it dawned on me what lousy family lives the pros had. My talent was maybe average or above, but no prodigy.

My observation is that the people I knew, and have seen in the business ran the scale from mediocre to genius; pretty much like any other profession. You don't play the guitar like Glenn Campbell without a God given propensity. I played fair, but nothing like what he could do. My voice was good, but nothing like Elvis or Marty Robbins. To me, "talent" is the application of above average mental and physical abilities to given profession which uses these talents to the best advantage. Kind like the difference between a Hunter ***** painting and a Leonard DaVinci.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #47  
Art (any kind) is in the eye of the beholder.

I love Toby Keith. I’ve never had a better entertainment experience than at his concerts. They are 2-1/2 hours of non-stop entertainment with songs you know all the words.

But - will many say Toby Keith can sing like Bing? Nope.

But he wrote his songs. Writing songs could be the most difficult thing in the world.

Blank piece of paper. Zillions of previous songs you cannot copy. Music and words or words then music.

No need to argue about God given, learned or a combination of every life experience. You’ll never know what talent God gave someone. Maybe Frank Sinatra’s real talent was solving cancer but he chose singing and acting. You’ll never know folks.

Just enjoy who you enjoy and be happy.

Happy Saturday!

MoKelly

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #48  
...I'm not mistaking anything. Most people learn artistic talent. They aren't born with it....
...LoL...if that were the case a much larger part of the population would be successful writers, singers, song writers, musicians etc., etc... there would be many more painters creating masterpieces selling for millions of dollars...
...Yes natural abilities can be developed and refined...but not everyone has natural artistic abilities and they never will...!

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #49  
There are more talented people out there than you think.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #50  
Yeah...them cardasheans are just loaded with talent..!