Couldnt' find the music thread #2

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #52  
I guess talent is kinda like intelligence. Plenty of it in most of us, some more than others.

I object to the word...natural. I worked my azz off to learn piano and guitar and worked harder to learn to play golf. That BS statement......he's a natural....... is just a cop out statement.....imho.

maybe vocals?

I think it's more a question of motivation. I heard a NFL coach once say....every one of you have talent, who's got the most......want to?

As an example....back in the day, prior to radio and especially tv, many if not most homes had a piano and usually a number of family members played.

They were motivated to play.........by boredom. TV fixed that.

The only thing.....he's a natural....applies to is couch potatoes.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #53  
I guess talent is kinda like intelligence. Plenty of it in most of us, some more than others.

I object to the word...natural. I worked my azz off to learn piano and guitar and worked harder to learn to play golf. That BS statement......he's a natural....... is just a cop out statement.....imho.

maybe vocals?

I think it's more a question of motivation. I heard a NFL coach once say....every one of you have talent, who's got the most......want to?

As an example....back in the day, prior to radio and especially tv, many if not most homes had a piano and usually a number of family members played.

They were motivated to play.........by boredom. TV fixed that.

The only thing.....he's a natural....applies to is couch potatoes.
That's a pretty good outlook on it. I will say, though, that yes, some people are born with "it". It is natural, but it's also rare. Then there are those that gain the same level of "it" with hard work and practice.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #54  
Just watched the Bohemian Rhapsody movie last night. All about the band Queen.

Although a movie, it shows a tad about talent, hard work, ego and learning.

MoKelly

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #55  
LoL...Some people can wiggle their ears some can't...those that can't never will... (no matter how much they practice)...!

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #56  
Just watched the Bohemian Rhapsody movie last night. All about the band Queen.

Although a movie, it shows a tad about talent, hard work, ego and learning.

MoKelly
My wife and I went to see it in the theatre, and have watched it a few times since. Very well done story.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #57  
LoL...Some people can wiggle their ears some can't...those that can't never will... (no matter how much they practice)...!
I taught myself how to wiggle my ears. So did my kids after seeing their grandpa do it. He showed them how.

Everyone in our family was able to raise one eyebrow. I taught myself how to raise the other one.

My mother taught me exercises to learn how to just bend the first joints in my fingers and not the others. We'd practice it in church when we were bored.

I learned how to high jump.

My dad taught me how to vault a fence. I can still do it at 60.

Look at magicians. Especially at close-up magic sleight of hand stuff. They practice.