Corona Virus # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Corona Virus # 3
My nephew got his post doc in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. I don’t know if he’s´ actually working on this virus but he does know a little bit about lungs and viruses. I asked my sister what his opinion is of the virus. This is what she said;

In a nutshell, he thinks we should be more concerned about the Flu. He said this corona virus is like the Sars virus of 2002, it is the same kind of virus that causes the common cold.

If you peruse back through Coronavirus threads one, two, and three you will note that several TBN members have been saying the same thing.

/ Corona Virus # 3 #245  
Dropped my wife off at a fabric store and parked the car. Went in after her and there were three girl scouts and a mom selling cookies. I looked at them as I passed by, but they said nothing and made no eye contact. So I kept going. If they'd have asked me, I'd have bought a couple boxes.

Found my wife and mentioned the girl scouts and told her the story. She said they asked her if she wanted to buy some. She said she'd get them on the way out.

Puzzled, I said I wondered why they didn't ask me? She said "Because you're scary looking." :eek: I said WHAT?

She said "You're big and scary looking. You look intimidating and you scare women and children."

I said babies smile at me. She said they don't know any better. :confused3:

Oh Smack!!! She got you good!!!!

/ Corona Virus # 3 #246  
girl scouts and a mom selling cookies. they said nothing and made no eye contact. ... why they didn't ask me? ... [Wife] said "You look intimidating and you scare women and children."
:D

I've apparently reached 'a certain age'. (Born before the Normandy invasion, peers will recognize that event). I was looking at something in Goodwill and a late-20's cutie walked up and asked me what she had found. I told her the slender plank with a clamp is for scaling fish. She thanked me and started up a long conversation including volunteering her name. Told me people my age know so much, they're interesting to learn from. Wow that was new. Offered her hand for a handshake when we parted. This is new. I had wondered if she would lecture me about noticing her cute a**.

And back around age 55 I was entering a store where there are Russian immigrants and a gorgeous late-20's made a point of holding the door for me when I was trying to hold it for her. We talked a little, she said where she came from there is utmost respect for older men because they are rare after so many gave their lives in WWII. Heck I'm not that old! :)

Anyhow lets get back on topic.

/ Corona Virus # 3 #247  
And back around age 55 I was entering a store where there are Russian immigrants and a gorgeous late-20's made a point of holding the door for me when I was trying to hold it for her. We talked a little, she said where she came from there is utmost respect for older men because they are rare after so many gave their lives in WWII. Heck I'm not that old! :)

Anyhow lets get back on topic.
Maybe this was a time before internet websites for Russian brides? :laughing:

/ Corona Virus # 3 #248  
Well yes CA . . , I was also before . . . '43 is when I came into the world.

/ Corona Virus # 3 #249  
The largest use of toilet paper is down under.

its a cultural thing.
89307879_3095432523802614_3452800200110768128_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.