Oil & Fuel Coolant

/ Coolant #1  

Wvanatti

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305 (2010)
I have a 2010 JD2305. I changed the coolant yesterday. I went to the auto parts store and purchased comparable antifreeze. Once home, I panicked- just didn’t want to take a chance with my beloved baby. So I read the book and ordered the recommended TY26576 fluid. Once I received the box, I drained the radiator, eng block and reservoir per the manual. (Easy). Stated adding the fluid. Noticed the color was lighter, not green. When I was all done... seen the jug Deer sent me was TY26575. Not 76. Does anyone know the difference? I can’t find any on it. Thoughts ?

/ Coolant #2  
That is correct. For some reason the JD Cool-Gard II is a light yellow instead of bright green. I wish they would have stayed with bright green as it is easier to identify when it leaks. As for the part numbers. The difference is the size of the container.

TY26575 is 1 gallon jug of pre-mix
TY26576 is 2.5 gallon jug of pre-mix

/ Coolant
That is correct. For some reason the JD Cool-Gard II is a light yellow instead of bright green. I wish they would have stayed with bright green as it is easier to identify when it leaks. As for the part numbers. The difference is the size of the container.

TY26575 is 1 gallon jug of pre-mix
TY26576 is 2.5 gallon jug of pre-mix

Wow, Thank you so much for that info. I was afraid it didn’t have the correct rust inhibitors or blah blah...
Really appreciate that peace of mind you just gave me. Bill

/ Coolant #4  
How much command did it take? Manual says 3.4 quarts but I added the whole gallon of cool-gard II and it seems to need more. Thanks for any info

/ Coolant #5  
Just a side note since we're talking about coolant. There is a green coolant and an orange coolant. They are not compatible with each other. If you mix them, they form sludge in your cooling system. It's been awhile since I researched this so I don't remember the specific technology behind them anymore. Just don't mix them.

/ Coolant #6  
How much command did it take? Manual says 3.4 quarts but I added the whole gallon of cool-gard II and it seems to need more. Thanks for any info
Welcome to TBN
You prolly meant coolant?

/ Coolant #7  
Just a side note since we're talking about coolant. There is a green coolant and an orange coolant. They are not compatible with each other. If you mix them, they form sludge in your cooling system. It's been awhile since I researched this so I don't remember the specific technology behind them anymore. Just don't mix them.
And it makes a royal mess inside the engine.

/ Coolant #9  
Sure does and the only way to get the goo out is repeated flushing's with dishwash detergent and water and even that takes a long time.
I had to replace the intake aluminum manifold and radiator for the SBC.