Converting my pin on loader to a skid steer quick attach system

/ Converting my pin on loader to a skid steer quick attach system #21  
Nice job!

You should weld something on to connect the two new quick connect plates. This can help with both hyd cylinders moving together too. Not just what ever one has the least pressure on it.

I think it would add stability, looking at what ATI, WR Long and others offer they usually have a connecting bar. FEL-qa2.jpg

/ Converting my pin on loader to a skid steer quick attach system #22  
Seams to me whatever the those quick connects are hooked to that becomes the connecting bar tube brace and or plate to both rams.

/ Converting my pin on loader to a skid steer quick attach system
With all the threads on here about twisting the connecting tube, I would not put one on.

If you retract the curl cylinders all the way before you hook up the attachment, it should work OK. If one side moves first, it will stop when it contacts the attachment plate. When the other side contacts the attachment plate, raise a little and curl back to seat the quick attach, then latch the levers.

Thanks guys, I am now going to tackle the forks, I would have today but it was just plain nasty humid and I was a bit lazy and busy with work stuff.
My buddy has twisted his tube on his Kubota, I do not plan to put anything, my Massey 1540 I had didn't have anything and it worked OK, I think you have to get used to not moving them much once unhooked.

Funny how plans change! I broke down and bought a set of 2K forks today. I really need them to pull the cylinder out of my Lull.
It's too hot for me to be standing bent over welding , it;s time I don't have right now. I will eventually do something with the spare plate I have. Any ideas? LOL

/ Converting my pin on loader to a skid steer quick attach system #25  
-----------------------
I will eventually do something with the spare plate I have. Any ideas? LOL
How about a trailer mover:

P9190035.JPG
P9190039.JPG

P9220014 3500.JPG
P9220006.JPG

/ Converting my pin on loader to a skid steer quick attach system #26  
My ssqa trailer mover is very handy. Likewise my ssqa mobile hoist. Those would be my suggestions.

Thanks for the props and suggestions. I don't really need a trailer mover. I'll come up with something. I do know where there are some new old stock bucket that can be had fairly cheap, I didn't really want to do the work to convert one of them but since I have the plate and want a wider bucket...hmmmm
I only have a 60" and would like a 66". The farm store has a pile of nos pin on buckets.

/ Converting my pin on loader to a skid steer quick attach system #28  
I converted my bucket on my L3800 and it was the most worthwhile thing I've done. I constantly switch between the bucket and pallet forks. In fact I might actually use the pallet forks more.

My pallet forks are from Titan and have a bale spear and receiver hitch.

/ Converting my pin on loader to a skid steer quick attach system #29  
----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------I will eventually do something with the spare plate I have. Any ideas? LOL
Yep, here is an idea: Skid Steer Boom Pole, XTreme Duty Universal Skid Steer Quick Attach Boom Poles Open Hook & Closed Lug End

Boom Pole:

EA 10.jpg

Tree Boom:

CAI Tree Boom.PNG

I converted my bucket on my L3800 and it was the most worthwhile thing I've done. I constantly switch between the bucket and pallet forks. In fact I might actually use the pallet forks more.

My pallet forks are from Titan and have a bale spear and receiver hitch.

Yeah, I'm glad I did it, used the forks today to round up all of my 4x6 and 6x6 pieces of cribbing for tomorrows project. I am going to remove the cylinder from my Lull and rest it on the forks.
You all are bad influences on a fellow! LOL
Funny how there is always something we need/want.
I don't have time to deal with it at the moment so I have some time to think on it. A new quick connect bucket is 629, a new pin on bucket is 300 and i have a 100 dollar plate. Is it worth it? I should probably just buy the bucket that is ready to go. I know the plate will get used eventually. :)
Luckily I don't need a new bucket right away so there's that.
ETA: I am a small contractor and I know I will be using the forks a lot on the smaller jobs where the Lull isn't really needed.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

1989 IHC F9370 T/A WINCH TRUCK, S/N...2HSFBGGR1KC030287,OD READS 329703 MILES, TULSA WINCH... (A34808)
1989 IHC F9370 T/A...
JOHN DEERE QUICK ATTACH... (A34808)
JOHN DEERE QUICK...
SET OF 20' ENTRY GATES W/ DEER DESIGN (A34808)
SET OF 20' ENTRY...
2015 Chevrolet HDE Box Truck (A33249)
2015 Chevrolet HDE...
2000 KRONE 9' 3PT DISC MOWER, S/N 480931, 540 PTO (A34808)
2000 KRONE 9' 3PT...
1055 8420 JOHN DEERE C/A MFD PS W/ILS 480/80R46 7588HRS "SALVAGE BAD ENGINE & REAR END" (A34733)
1055 8420 JOHN...