Clear cutting half arsed, why?

/ Clear cutting half arsed, why? #23  
What blows your skirt up Sig very well might be viewed with distain by that landowner. Matter of fact I guarantee people who don't know an AR-15 from an AK-47 from a M-16 think you are a hate monger and traitor that should be jailed in the cell next door to an orange monster. As for people who inherit riches , I agree they can be real slobs but my definition of slob is quite different to yours. My example is a sister-in-law that wore out 3 wealthy men and amassed a small fortune in divorce settlements. She lives in what I would describe as sterile, minimalistic home situated in a gated Phoenix AZ community. While visiting for a week she locked on point when she was able to see my weatherworn tractor and implements from our patio. Pointing out old tractors and implements much older and decrepit than mine being use as yard art only reinforced her opinion Texans are a bunch of hillbillies. When she bird dogged a Revolutionary War rifle she asked if it was for home protection. I said it isn't and told her how old it is then she asked if I could even buy ammo for it. Oh yea,she also informed me AR as in AR-15 stands for assault rifle and no citizen should be allowed to own one. She expressed the same opinions of my Huglekultur beds and mounds as you have of your neighbor's land. The value of water can at times be measured by drops and other times come down in buckets eroding unprotected ground. It is for those reasons along with wildlife we often retain slash on clear cut land. Should I continue or are you beginning to understand how different folks are driven by different reasoning, values and goals?

/ Clear cutting half arsed, why? #25  
From the picture, it looks like there's a lot of firewood in there. If I had a pile like that I would work the firewood out of it and burn the rest. A year later it would look like it hadn't been logged.
Unless it’s pine.

/ Clear cutting half arsed, why? #26  
Sixteen years ago - had my 80 acres selectively logged. Ended up with three slash piles. So here comes winter - I go out to begin the slash pile burning process. LO - a flock of quail came out of each of the first two piles.

The local wildlife really enjoyed and used these slash piles. I left them - as is.

My driveway is a mile long. So - nobody but me has ever seen these slash piles. AND they are not visible from the house or yard. AND - now, after 16 years, these piles are almost all gone.

If they were visible from the house or yard - a totally different story. My nearest neighbor is over a mile away.

/ Clear cutting half arsed, why? #29  
Jaxs,
That's the fourth time you posted this.
I kept getting a message saying "page can't be found,try agin later" which is exactly what I did. I guess the server or whatever was hung up in it's own underwear. I'll delete the duplicates. You can take my word I wasn't running my post count up, I could do that like the regulars do by commenting an emoji in random posts.

Last edited:
   / Clear cutting half arsed, why?
What blows your skirt up Sig very well might be viewed with distain by that landowner.
End of the day, not my property, really don't care.

I was curious as to why, and the impression I get from reading here is in another 5-7 years, I guess it would look fine.

I guess the question becomes why your clearing the timber and what you want done with the property.

My one dog kept going over to a neigbors house. Walked over and saw they were litterally throwing aluminum pans off to the side of their house. Basically looked like a trash heap littered off the house. End of the day, I guess some people just don't care. Don't get me wrong, my work truck is a pig sty, but I don't let anyone see it :ROFLMAO: