Clear cutting half arsed, why?

/ Clear cutting half arsed, why? #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
Your land, you get to do with it what you want, I get it...

That said, this has been bugging me. See images below.

This has been this way for over a year now.

You want to sell wood off your property, I get it. That said, why would you have it look like a nuclear blast and looking like crap after the company took all the wood they wanted and just left the "scraps" sitting on the property?

I'm guessing you get less back if they actually have to pull stumps and take the wood out, but wouldn't the property value increase proportionately if it was ready to build on? As is looking like crap, it's not like you're going to do anything with the land.

If it were my land, it would just drive me bat crap crazy looking like a dump.

W1.png
W2.png

/ Clear cutting half arsed, why? #2  
Is this your neighbor's land? Here my neighbor across the road has a wood pile larger than that & he should just burn it.
Another neighbor sold trees to a logger and it looks worse than that.
I have a pasture that on the downhill side drops steeply off down to the creek. All along that ridge is where I throw logs & brush. It rots down and it's a place for rabbits, quail, etc.

/ Clear cutting half arsed, why? #3  
It costs a lot of money to chip/process or haul away wood. I am doing exactly that job for a Customer right now.
Not cheap-especially if it’s softwoods or hardwoods that are not straight.

Thats why!

It could be burned rather easily, but thats a whole ‘nother issue.

/ Clear cutting half arsed, why?
It costs a lot of money to chip/process or haul away wood. I am doing exactly that job for a Customer right now.
Not cheap-especially if it’s softwoods or hardwoods that are not straight.

Thats why!

It could be burned rather easily, but thats a whole ‘nother issue.
If I wanted trees cleared, I would want to use the land for something.

I understand dealing with all the little crap cost money, but I would rather have them just clear-cut the land and keep the profit, but make the land workable which would eat up the profit on my end, letting them cut the trees and use the wood.

/ Clear cutting half arsed, why? #6  
Maybe they ran out of money.
Happens, ‘specially in today’s crappy economy.

/ Clear cutting half arsed, why? #7  
Probably less than a half mile from my house and I drive by it every day.
You Poor guy.
Maybe you oughta knock on their door and cry a river to them and they’ll clean it up….just for you! :ROFLMAO:

Dude, buck up. Its’ not your property. “Owning” a piece of this great country involves risk. One risk is your neighbor might be a pig.

Maybe they ran out of money.
Happens, ‘specially in today’s crappy economy.
I get that, but at that point, it’s only a Band-Aid bringing some extra income in. Call.

You need to look at a long-term solution versus a short term solution.

/ Clear cutting half arsed, why? #9  
Around here it would look like that if someone was creating new pasture, the pile needs to dry to be burned or left to rot for soil. Be glad you don't live near federal property, when they log up to 90% is left right where it falls.... no clean up ever.

Poor guy.
Maybe you oughta knock on their door and cry a river to them and they’ll clean it up….just for you! :ROFLMAO:

Dude, buck up. Its’ not your property. Owning a piece of this great country involves risk. One risk is your neighbor might be a pig.
I don’t know about you, but I actually take some pride in the way my property looks.

No different than having trash sitting outside your home IMO.

But you’re probably right, somebody who didn’t have to work for it, but inherited it, and can afford it, and doesn’t even realize it.