Oil & Fuel Cleaning Hydraulic oil filter

/ Cleaning Hydraulic oil filter #1  

RFY T

Tractor
yanmar 155D
I have a Yanmar 155D. Would like to know exactly what kind of hydraulic filter it has and how to clean it.

/ Cleaning Hydraulic oil filter #2  
It has a cleanable screen. I believe it is located where the hydraulic suction line enters the transmission housing. You will need to loosen the flange and pull it and the suction line back out of the way. There will be a gasket there which might be used again if it doesn't tear up. Probably a grommet between the screen and flange. Might also use a good sealant on it. Of course drain the transmission first. Also drain the 4 wheel drive drop box. It shares the same fluid. Clean the screen with diesel and if you have compressed air that could be useful too. If I am wrong about the location somebody correct me. :)

/ Cleaning Hydraulic oil filter
Thanks, I think I am going to get some help following directions. I do not have a picture of these parts, so might take apart the wrong thing.

Thanks, I think that will help a lot.

/ Cleaning Hydraulic oil filter #6  
I have a 155, the screen is where the hard line to the pump bolts to the rear axle/transmission housing like winston1 said. On the opposite side there is a plug, mine is plastic so be careful not to break it, that you can pull out. There is a plug in the bottom of the rearend also that you need to pull to get all the fluid out. If I was at home I would take some pics, sorry.

Boy, pictures would be good. If you get home anytime soon, please do send some. Is yours a 155D. I am not sure if there is both 155 & D. I do know that there are some grey market Yans with different numbers. The real problem is that I know absolutely nothing about tractors except that I like what they do. Taking the wrong thing apart could be big trouble, so I am trying to make sure I am doing it right.

/ Cleaning Hydraulic oil filter #8  
There is a YM155 and 155D. D signifies dual drive or something-it means it is a four wheel drive tractor. The hydraulic systems will be the same.

Find the hydraulic pump, on the right side of the engine. It will have two tubes coming into it, one larger, say the diameter of your thumb or so, and the other smaller, perhaps half the size. Both will run toward the rear of the tractor. To assure yourself, follow the small line to the hydraulic lift control handle. That is the high pressure side.

The other, larger tube will be the suction tube. Follow it under the tractor to the side of the transmission housing. There will be a triangular arrangement of bolts holding a flange around the tube. When you remove/loosen those, several gallons of hydraulic fluid will (or at least, SHOULD) drain out. So be sure to drain the case first. I usually drain the drop box for the front driveshaft first, since it is the lowest point. Open the other drain plug afterward just be sure.

Now you can loosen the flange holding the suction tube in. You may need to remove the flexible hose to get enough play to pull the assembly out. The filter is a screen of super fine mesh that you won't believe can pass enough fluid to work. They are reusable unless destroyed or damaged. I use carburetor cleaner in an aerosol can after wiping any gunk off with a rag. I spray from the inside of the filter screen to the outside.

While it's not impossible to destroy something if you are careless, these are simple, rugged machines, designed for field servicing under primitive conditions. Go carefully, think about what you're doing and what you want to accomplish, and you will be successful.

/ Cleaning Hydraulic oil filter #9  
While it's not impossible to destroy something if you are careless, these are simple, rugged machines, designed for field servicing under primitive conditions. Go carefully, think about what you're doing and what you want to accomplish, and you will be successful.

That's sure true,..... and also nicely written.
thanks,
rScotty

Thanks, hope to get to it in the next couple of days. Your information is going to be a great help. Thanks again.