Cigarette Lighter

/ Cigarette Lighter #31  
I fitted a cig lighter socket low down near the seat facing to the rear. On my roll frame I have a flashing orange light that I plug in for going up the road. or a LED light on a swivel, also on the roll frame, that can be adjusted to anywhere for extra light.

/ Cigarette Lighter #32  
Here's my solution for the lack of a 12-volt outlet on my tractor.

The adjustable stop in the adjacent control slot provided the mounting inspiration for this addition - It mounts with two clamps (nuts, bolts and washers) through two holes in the bottom of the enclosure. (No tractor drilling required.)

I formed the enclosure using 0.060 aluminum and painted it with some textured paint that matched the color well.

Because I have a backhoe and no 3-point attachments, control lever interference wasn't a concern.

The toggle switch allows on/off operation without having to plug/unplug a cord. Using a lighter socket seemed to be more universal than USB from my perspective and better for my intended uses.

I ran 12 gauge wire to the battery and fused the red (hot) lead at that point with a 15 amp ATO (blade) fuse. Experience has taught me to never overlook the fuse!

The extra red wire from the lighter socket terminal to the terminal strip is for future use.

1685474451767.png

1685474530844.png

1685474578370.png

/ Cigarette Lighter #33  
My Deere has a factory plug on backside that I guess I could plug a charger in to, but I just keep a little power pack charged up and plug my phone in if it needs a charge when I'm working outside. Fits in my pocket. Easy peasy.

/ Cigarette Lighter #34  
If I'm on one of my tractors.
I'm listening to the diesel sing, the implements bing and bong.
Looking over the fields in my happy place.
I have no need for chargers and cell phones.
I ride the Massey to get away from all that, NOT to bring it with me.

Last edited:
   / Cigarette Lighter #35  
Somebody is a little defensive... no worries, were all okay with you smoking so long as we don't have to share it. Years ago many of us did smoke. I saw a bunch of old celeb pics and quickly noticed hey - everybody was smoking. lol - Myself included but I quit 25-30 yrs ago. Scared I might still get the big C.
No, they done proved it's the second hand smoke that kills. Always smoke with the windows down, that way you don't get any second hand smoke.

/ Cigarette Lighter #36  
My Deere has a factory plug on backside that I guess I could plug a charger in to, but I just keep a little power pack charged up and plug my phone in if it needs a charge when I'm working outside. Fits in my pocket. Easy peasy.
I bought a few power packs. Can't find them.

/ Cigarette Lighter #37  
I am interested in installing a cigarette lighter on my tractor. I do not plan on smoking! It may be nice to charge a phone while working.

Has anyone ever added a cigarette lighter to a tractor without a cab.
Easy to do.

/ Cigarette Lighter #38  
I am interested in installing a cigarette lighter on my tractor. I do not plan on smoking! It may be nice to charge a phone while working.

Has anyone ever added a cigarette lighter to a tractor without a cab.
My 1958 730 has one. If not shed kept they are prone to corrosion but easily repaired.

/ Cigarette Lighter #39  
I have a lighter plug and use it for my sprayer and sometimes a floodlight or air compressor.

/ Cigarette Lighter #40