Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators.

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators.
Gonna weld on some gussets, Matt?
Only if it looks like it needs them. The idea of the narrow blade cutting surface for roots means that these rippers should not be used for anything else. My other ripper will be used for heavy duty prying.

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #62  
Most folks know by now that a bunch of factories in Shandong Province are making 1-tonish minis off the same set of plans, with some variations. One thing I noticed on my Rhino XN08 was that 2 welds were missing on one of the 2 bucket links, but not the other. Very strange.

When I contacted my salesperson, she gave me a bizarre and meaningless response, in red on my photo.

Since then, I have seen this same omission copied on most of the other minis from China. Five of the six otherwise identical minis that a local friend bought shared this exact defect.

Now I see an importer in the US is selling these links, one welded, and one not!

I have not seen an AgroTK, Loongsheen, HighTop, Nuoman, or Typhon up close. Anyone else's mini have this same defect?

Attachments

• missing_welds_response.jpg
    missing_welds_response.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 58
   / Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #64  
Some parts are now available over at Mini Excavator Spares & Parts
Its good that parts are becoming more available. Unfortunately I cant afford any of them. $75 for the Briggs air filter. $125 for the diesel fuel filter. I sure dont want to break anything now. I am gonna Baby my Baby Digger. :)

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #65  
Its good that parts are becoming more available. Unfortunately I cant afford any of them. $75 for the Briggs air filter. $125 for the diesel fuel filter. I sure dont want to break anything now. I am gonna Baby my Baby Digger. :)
Those are some serious markups in SoCal, esp for the parts you can get here much much cheaper (e.g. B&S parts). I also see they marked up the crappy rake attachment 7x from what it costs in China.

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #66  
Those are some serious markups in SoCal, esp for the parts you can get here much much cheaper (e.g. B&S parts). I also see they marked up the crappy rake attachment 7x from what it costs in China.
I use wix filters on my Kubota last oil filter was $11. I can get the briggs parts real cheap.. thats why I was happy to see the Briggs on the cheap diggers.

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #67  
Not long ago, on the AGT website, the Briggs XR engine was listed for $4000.!! I looked again a week later, same price, now its marked down to $1500.

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #68  
Not long ago, on the AGT website, the Briggs XR engine was listed for $4000.!! I looked again a week later, same price, now its marked down to $1500.
...and you can buy a snow blower version in the US for $350 (no air cleaner), or a complete one for $700, delivered. B&S 420cc horizontal.

Last edited:
   / Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators.
Most folks know by now that a bunch of factories in Shandong Province are making 1-tonish minis off the same set of plans, with some variations. One thing I noticed on my Rhino XN08 was that 2 welds were missing on one of the 2 bucket links, but not the other. Very strange.

When I contacted my salesperson, she gave me a bizarre and meaningless response, in red on my photo.

Since then, I have seen this same omission copied on most of the other minis from China. Five of the six otherwise identical minis that a local friend bought shared this exact defect.

Now I see an importer in the US is selling these links, one welded, and one not!

I have not seen an AgroTK, Loongsheen, HighTop, Nuoman, or Typhon up close. Anyone else's mini have this same defect?
My Typhon has a different arrangement for the link but no missing welds.

Attachments

• P1010029.JPG
    P1010029.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • P1010030.JPG
    P1010030.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 41
   / Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #70  
My Typhon has a different arrangement for the link but no missing welds.
Yeah, that one seems to be like the Diggit EM15. Different design, including some pins that are center-drilled for grease.